Force out run count?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Bases loaded 2 outs, batter hit to 2nd baseman, she tried to tag runner from first but ball popped out of her glove on contact with runner and rolled to 2nd base where SS picked up ball and stepped on base for third out. But before the out, the runner from third scored. Is that still a force out, no score? Yes, this was 10u.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
A force is a force. Would it matter if it was the first baseman who dropped the ball on a throw but picked it up before the BR reached base? Does the run score in this scenario? Not an umpire but that's the way I see it.

Jul 31, 2015
If a fast runner with a lead scores before the 3rd out force is made at 1b, the run doesn't count.

A force is a force.

Jun 8, 2016
I am convinced the “do over!!” kids on the playground make up a substantial percentage of coaches in general (10u or otherwise..)

Mar 1, 2013
I love 10u coaches
Got pulled in to work a 10U Pony tournament a few years ago. Pitcher has clipped three of the last four batters. Pitcher's coach asks for time and asks me how many does she have to hit before I remove her.

Uh, coach, this isn't community league. She's not throwing at them on purpose, so I'm not removing her. You are free to replace your pitcher any time you want.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802