For your viewing fun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I didn’t find much good there. It really seems like attaching a real name to softball posts would make the posts less wacky.

People have gotten way too comfortable attaching their real names to any and all crazy ideas these days. I'm not sure if it's some kind of change in the world we live in or if Facebook just melts everybody's brains. Maybe both!

Aug 21, 2008
Other than the exaggerated experience and endless name dropping why is this stirring people up? I see a ton of these people on a popular racing forum and they get flamed until they go away. What makes this person different to get all this attention?

He has a unique history on this forum. The name dropping doesn't really bother me, I find it funny. And the funny part is that it's complete BS. Saying he learned to pitch from Eddie Feigner? That's just comical on many levels. Trust me, his posts are comical and he doesn't mean them to be.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I had to unfollow that train wreck of a page.

I didn’t find much good there. It really seems like attaching a real name to softball posts would make the posts less wacky. There are anonymous posters here that I bet I could hang out with tomorrow in real life and get along famously and I have no idea who they are.

Midwest Fastpitch is almost as bad. I saw someone referred there from here recently and thought “oh yeah, super awesome.” Some real OILF stuff right there. (Throwback to long time posters.)

I quit that FB page, too. I spent way too much time facepalming and rolling my eyes.

PDM

Jun 18, 2019
NJ
For those on this board who are also members of the Fastpitch Zone on Facebook, if you're following the Riseball thread on that group you may see some comments from the man, myth the legend from this board NUNTHIA who sometimes comes on here and posts, famously telling Boardmember how wrong he is with his pitching. To highlight his comments so far on Facebook:

He claims to have made over $1M in revenue teaching softball.

Claims to have been taught by deceased "Canadian Olympic pitcher Dave Pierce" despite the fact Men's softball has never been in the Olympics.

Also taught PERSONALLY by Eddie Feigner of the King and his Court, which means he went to a show and saw the pre-game "clinic" Eddie would sometimes put on for the fans.

Has told me my riseball has a lot of sidespin, despite the fact I've never met the man, never been in the same room with him, or even spoken to him on the phone. Let alone to say he's ever seen a game I've pitched in.

And he's now questioning my education, wanting to know if I was a college graduate. Although I'm not sure why that matters or has to do with anything. LOL

Those who aren't on that FB group are really missing a treat. There's a new guy on that group, a coach from Oklahoma, who seems to think he knows more about pitching and the pitches than just about everyone else. He is from Moore OK, and I'd never even heard of him until 2 weeks ago. At the very least, it's entertaining.
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out. Must be entertaining.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I am confused, i thought Nunthia was an older 80 yo gentleman that had been around forever? Didn't think he was a young(er) guy.
You're correct.
He's approx 80 yrs old located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Old school hello elbow guy who I think is getting dementia or Alzheimer's....
Very argumentative kind of guy...

Jul 14, 2008
Ok so I just stopped by to see how the old crowd is gettin along and saw this tread from Bill about Nunthia. I’ve educated Nunthia more then once on here, and had lots of fun doing it. I stopped because I didn’t want to be responsible for his blood pressure.

Now I’m gonna have to check out the Facebook page just for fun!

Aug 21, 2008
Ok so I just stopped by to see how the old crowd is gettin along and saw this tread from Bill about Nunthia. I’ve educated Nunthia more then once on here, and had lots of fun doing it. I stopped because I didn’t want to be responsible for his blood pressure.

Now I’m gonna have to check out the Facebook page just for fun!

He's a beauty John. You'd do well to remember, he was personally taught to pitch by Eddie Feigner who must've taken time off from his grueling schedule in the 1960's to teach Nunthia how to pitch!!!!! Moreover, a pitch with no spin goes up more than a pitch with any kind of spin. Shame on you for ever instructing a pitcher anything else. Eddie Feigner died several years ago but, who'd have thought that the next best thing would be watching or listening to Nunthia?

I'm sure most reading this can hear my comments are dripping with sarcasm. The King and his Court used to play 200 or more games per year, driving from city to city. They'd start in Seattle for example and zig zag the country over to Maine. They'd play their game in town A, then sometimes drive all night to get to town B the next day. Before each of their shows, Eddie would do a mini "clinic" where he'd demo his pitches and show off a little bit. He'd pitch behind his back, etc. and make the crowd cheer. If Eddie spent any time with any individual during these clinics, it was usually a kid. Similar to how the Harlem Globetrotters would pull a kid out onto the court and have the kid try a half-court hook shot.

Nunthia has a real love/hate relationship with me personally. I ask him over and over again to please not mention me in his posts yet he still does. It drives me insane. LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802