For those analyzing BB swings for a reference to hit in FP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I hear ya. These days I just don't see any kids at the parks playing ball anymore. Now we have to teach it? What's up with that :unsure: ?
My kids would do it if anybody in the neighborhood would get off their cellphone for more than 5 seconds. As a matter of fact my son had a "game" this morning (he was pitching to Mom in one of his sisters old uniforms)
1000x1332.jpeg

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
More so bat across inside of knuckles.

HAHA pointed at the catcher...not for me.

Tried to find a pic that i didnt start moving yet. That was best could find.

Gee sure hope my back elbow is ok?!

Oct 2, 2017
More so bat across inside of knuckles.

HAHA pointed at the catcher...not for me.

Tried to find a pic that i didnt start moving yet. That was best could find.

Gee sure hope my back elbow is ok?!
Too many cookie cutter, one size fits all approaches to hitting discussed all to often. If it doesn't fit that persons agenda then its not a "Elite" swing LOL

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yep, Thats why I said some. Most are at shoulder level or slightly below. Seems like a lot of the older hitters are slightly below

Julray,

Oh yes, many have the back elbow shoulder level or slightly below the shoulder. What few have is the elbow pointing down or the back forearm not level with the ground.

That’s what I meant by back elbow down, back elbow pointing down and rear forearm also pointing down.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When I was a kid we would play all kinds of different games where the ball speed was different. Speedball, wiffle ball, HR derby, etc. All of them had different pitch speeds. I never remember ever complaining in a game that the pitcher was throwing too slow. "The guy is throwing BP" would be the comment and everybody would lick their chops...With my DD's team (and most teams I've seen, even some of the best in the country for her age group) if a kid is throwing too slow it takes them forever to adjust...

Yes we won a HS state championship with a tall girl throwing 50. The other team was so jacked up with their tight muscle spasm swings she just kept taking speed off the pitch.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Here is Liz Mizera hitting for Texas A&M
She would hold the knob at the end.
When she got up to bat/HIT .....
I was ALWAYS expecting a play at the plate! Extraordinary Hitter!
20170919_150122-1.jpg

May 12, 2016
Mays(don't think he meets # 1 or 2) and Mantle do not meet requirement # 2, neither does Molitor, Guerrero's back elbow as well was usually quite low at toe touch. Acuna definitely doesn't meet requirement 1. Just sayin..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802