For Auburn softball, joy on the surface obscured darker truths within

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What I always struggle with is the enablers and fixers involved in these situations. How morally bereft must you be to be an employee of PSU UofMich or Auburn to work to coverup the evil misdeeds of these toads? Cant believe their paychex are enough to make them content at seeing themselves in the mirror each morning.

You must mean Michigan State University. UofM has their own problems but Nassar is all MSUs

Jun 7, 2016
Yeah, sorry to the Michigan fans/alums if I got the school wrong. didnt follow the story that closely except to know Nassar was affiliated with a university.

Apr 16, 2013
Thanks for posting this and bring up the discussion. I sent this to my daughter. I've always been EXTREMELY open with my DD about boys, their intentions, and the words/tricks/games they will play to get what they want. Boys may hate me, but I've given her every dang secret I know of for what exactly is going through a boy's mind. To top it off, she could easily be that girl that was not a part of the "family". She is not like 99% of other girls out there. She hates taking selfies and bring attention to herself, she LOATHES chanting, (thank God her team almost never does), can't stand ANY pop music from today, and does next to nothing on facebook or other social media. She is not friends with any of her teammates, and usually sits alone. However, she could care less what anyone thinks of her, but regardless, we're human and I know being "different" sucks lots of times. I just had a talk with her about this, and men in power using those positions to get "things". Hopefully I've raised her right to recognize these signs. The more we post things like this, the more we can teach our daughters to be strong and recognize predators.

I would also implore ALL fathers to have these talks with your daughters. Have those painful conversations about sex, bullying, and pressure. It means more coming from the source of experience vs their mothers who offer tales of "evil boys". Tell them every trick in the book! Tell them exactly what goes through a boy's/man's mind. The more open you are with them, the more prepared they'll be.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for posting this and bring up the discussion. I sent this to my daughter. I've always been EXTREMELY open with my DD about boys, their intentions, and the words/tricks/games they will play to get what they want. Boys may hate me, but I've given her every dang secret I know of for what exactly is going through a boy's mind. To top it off, she could easily be that girl that was not a part of the "family". She is not like 99% of other girls out there. She hates taking selfies and bring attention to herself, she LOATHES chanting, (thank God her team almost never does), can't stand ANY pop music from today, and does next to nothing on facebook or other social media. She is not friends with any of her teammates, and usually sits alone. However, she could care less what anyone thinks of her, but regardless, we're human and I know being "different" sucks lots of times. I just had a talk with her about this, and men in power using those positions to get "things". Hopefully I've raised her right to recognize these signs. The more we post things like this, the more we can teach our daughters to be strong and recognize predators.

I would also implore ALL fathers to have these talks with your daughters. Have those painful conversations about sex, bullying, and pressure. It means more coming from the source of experience vs their mothers who offer tales of "evil boys". Tell them every trick in the book! Tell them exactly what goes through a boy's/man's mind. The more open you are with them, the more prepared they'll be.

Watch out for the female predators too. DD told me she knows of a 2020 HS player who is 'dating' a player on the D1 college team she verbaled to. It's amazing what these people put on instagram.

Nov 18, 2013
Watch out for the female predators too. DD told me she knows of a 2020 HS player who is 'dating' a player on the D1 college team she verbaled to. It's amazing what these people put on instagram.

I can definitely understand a parent being uncomfortable at the the thought their kid dating someone older. Depending on the ages and location though, this likely this falls within the ages of consent and wouldn't be considered predatory. The player isn't in a position of leadership, such as a coach, so not a Cory situation either.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I can definitely understand a parent being uncomfortable at the the thought their kid dating someone older. Depending on the ages and location though, this likely this falls within the ages of consent and wouldn't be considered predatory. The player isn't in a position of leadership, such as a coach, so not a Cory situation either.

To your points: I know in some parts of the world 'age aint nuthin but a number'. We have laws to protect children.
The college player is a leader on the team.

I dont know everything that happened with the Corey situation. Were children involved?

Nov 18, 2013
To your points: I know in some parts of the world 'age aint nuthin but a number'. We have laws to protect children.
The college player is a leader on the team.

I dont know everything that happened with the Corey situation. Were children involved?

If the commit is underage I hope you or somebody else has reported it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28