Flex Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
the flex can pinch run for the DP, who doesn’t play defense. Not sure what you’re saying.

The flex can run for the DP, but if they do the DP has left the game and it counts as a substitution for the DP. The 2nd time you remove that particular DP they are done for the game and you would have to have another eligible sub take the place of the DP to continue to use that position.

Oct 14, 2019
The flex can run for the DP, but if they do the DP has left the game and it counts as a substitution for the DP. The 2nd time you remove that particular DP they are done for the game and you would have to have another eligible sub take the place of the DP to continue to use that position.
correct. read above.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
The point was you have more freedom with players with the "opposite" skillset with the "twin" system because of the fact you have to sub in the flex to run for the DP and with the twin you don't. In other words - sometimes the flex should only play defence and sometimes the DP should only hit...

Oct 14, 2019
The point was you have more freedom with players with the "opposite" skillset with the "twin" system because of the fact you have to sub in the flex to run for the DP and with the twin you don't. In other words - sometimes the flex should only play defence and sometimes the DP should only hit...
sure, if you’re playing nsa. it’s a different set of rules.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
correct. read above.

Yes, but that means you got really got nothing out of DP/FLEX that you couldn't have got with a simple substitution. You don't need DP/FLEX for this. Just plan to sub in a faster runner for a slower runner.

As others have said your best combo for a meaningful game DP/Flex is Great Hitter/Poor Fielder paired with Great Fielder/Weak Hitter
So on bracket day my FLEX is generally the best fielder who isn't breaking into my lineup regularly. My DP is the best hitter who can't nail down a regular fielding position. The other use of course is for the sit-and-pitch pitcher who doesn't hit.

On pool days I am normally using my DP/FLEX to get more girls in the game :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802