Flat bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
What is the opinion on flat bat to the ball. I like the old "A to C" and leveling out the bat as the bat gets to the ball. The flat bat to the ball to me commits the back elbow to the slot too soon. I am open minded.

May 7, 2008
DFW
A to C?

You gents care to explain this one to me please. Are we talking swinging level in relationship to the ground?

Elliott.

May 7, 2008
flat bat

The flat bat I consider a "A to B to C" swing,where the the bat is at the load position(A) then to the (B) position where the back elbow drops to the slot position pointing the knob of the bat slighly up and the barrel slightly down and front elbow slightly up, then to the "c" position where the bat drags thur the zone(path of the ball) to the ball. To me this is a slow bat approach to the ball. Again ,I am open to any corrections. Thanks.

May 7, 2008
DFW
You betcha.

Just keep the bat parallel to you shoulders at contact and keep the swing plane on a slightly upward path. :)

May 11, 2008
Central Texas
upward swing????

Baseball is an upward swing because of the angle of the ball coming in.Softball swing is basically level because the ball is coming in either level or upward. This is advanced but it works from select through college and olympics so i use it.

May 7, 2008
DFW
HG

I will respectfully disagree with you on this issue. Todays D1 college programs are not swinging level on the ball. They too are swinging on a slightly upward plane to the ball. Just like baseball players and Olympic players. Candrea himself is using the Right View pro system that promotes this kind of swing.

The swing in softball is changing.

Take a look here and you decide for yourself.

http://www.imageevent.com/siggy/hitting

Elliott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802