Fixed leaning issue, now balls are high and fading left..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
So after weeks of working on it, my DD has finally stopped (for the most part) leaning and is now staying tall(er) on her pitches.
Now a new issue arises, her pitches are now mostly too high, and also starting to fade away from a Right handed hitter. I don't think the fading issue is related to standing tall though. What could this be? Is it maybe her glove swimming during the stride?
One thing that I did notice recently was that her throw hand and glove hand break during the load phase, and her glove hand proceeds to go up one direction and the throw hand the other. Perhaps this is making her do the swimming motion which could throw things offline? Any other ideas what it could be?

Jun 22, 2019
When she misses to the right is it typically low? If so, it’s her arm circle is figure 8.

Apr 28, 2019
So after weeks of working on it, my DD has finally stopped (for the most part) leaning and is now staying tall(er) on her pitches.
Now a new issue arises, her pitches are now mostly too high, and also starting to fade away from a Right handed hitter. I don't think the fading issue is related to standing tall though. What could this be? Is it maybe her glove swimming during the stride?
One thing that I did notice recently was that her throw hand and glove hand break during the load phase, and her glove hand proceeds to go up one direction and the throw hand the other. Perhaps this is making her do the swimming motion which could throw things offline? Any other ideas what it could be?
If she is missing high and outside to RHH she needs to take a longer stride and release the ball a little earlier. To throw straight make sure she is stepping straight. If she is stepping straight and still throwing wide move over to her right on the rubber some and/or step more to her right with her stride leg.

Jan 28, 2017
I believe Hillhouse says bicep to ear and forearm brush the bellybutton. If you stick your butt out and lean over to throw a strike your arm can't do that or throw the ball outside bad, so you must do something funky to throw a strike. Now when you start correcting posture your release point must change (throwing high) and if your circle is doing the same thing you will not throw strikes. You can now work on a good circle if your posture and lines are correct. IMO

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse