Fix end cap on bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
The end cap popped out on on of our team "game bats". Its out of warranty but it stillis a lucky bat for some of the girls. Can it be glued back in? or is it headed for the bat graveyard?

Thanks

Dec 12, 2008
Albany NY
Take lucky out of the equation. If someone handed your DD that bat and told you they had just glued the end cap back on it - would you let her use it?

May 7, 2008
you are implying unsafe or non-peforming

Take lucky out of the equation. If someone handed your DD that bat and told you they had just glued the end cap back on it - would you let her use it?

i figured since the bat doctoring business removes and replaces endcaps all the time (no i'm not condoning that ) that there is a way to do it that "works". does your comment mean that the bat is unsafe to use or just not going to hit like it used to? thanks

Jun 2, 2008
I'd be interested in knowing what bat .. my kids Combat Virus end cap came loose, and hers isn't the only one.

Jul 29, 2008
My guess is that the manufacturer will do it for free, you pay all shipping, even if its out of warranty.

If not, glue it neatly back on and enjoy. It will hit like normal if you get a good seal again.

Technically, yes it could fall under "altered" or "doctored". However, the rules were obviously meant to deter shaving, rolling, and weighting bats that resulted in increased performance. Your case is simply not the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802