First year 14u Tee Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Is Hamilton coiling hereI ?
Hamilton_side_fullload.gif

He sure is..........
Hamilton_side_fullload_FbC.gif

The fbc is a rabbit hole
Yeah, some people are leading other dads/moms down their Rabbit holes...........

Jun 8, 2016
Too much movement in too short of a time. I've often cited to her your mantra of slow start fast finish (or something like that)..
To me this is something she can get fairly quickly. Slow and early. She looks rushed to me.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The ‘action’ is not to coil. But to gather and transfer. Hip coil should be a result. The torquing of the core is the result that is necessary. FBG.

What’s funny is this young lady can hit.

But some say she’s missing ‘coil’. How on earth is she hitting with such minimal hip coil??? Maybe cause hip coiling is not a thing. She is in sequence. Her core action is good. She gets the ‘coil’ that matters.

Fix the posture. She’s doesn’t need much.

Added:

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal

This is exactly what we are working on next tee session.. I really like the subtle movement of SR in the post WW provided above. I just want a little movement during the "coil".

What I really like about this gif is the balance and posture. Lots of energy but no flailing around. DD gets "posture" pointers all the time with her batting coaches.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
To me this is something she can get fairly quickly. Slow and early. She looks rushed to me.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I was trying to convey that it is too rushed for me. I want it slow and controlled. I want her eyes on the same plane the entire load and swing. This would be the holy grail for me at this time.

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I was trying to convey that it is too rushed for me. I want it slow and controlled. I want her eyes on the same plane the entire load and swing. This would be the holy grail for me at this time.
You were clear..I was agreeing with you :)

Sep 17, 2009
A lot of throwing the baby out with the bath-water to 'win' philosophical arguments today. (Also a lot of use of low-effort and change-up swings as mechanics 'proof', but that's another topic). These are old arguments not worth rehashing but boy oh boy discarding a basic concept like coil seems extreme.

To those interested, I'd ask you to consider the role of coil (and continued-rear-leg-coil-even-as-hips-open-into-contact) as a key element of one-leggedness. But of course rejection of coil seems very related to the idea that one-leggedness (along with TTB and deep barrel) isn't a thing either. To each his own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28