First year 14u Tee Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The fbc is a rabbit hole which is why some now say its a none teach.. Fairly difficult to move forward without some type of coil. We know that gaining ground by stretching the core forward yet back doesn't have a large dependency on coil.

Maybe fbc does matter for the folks that believe the stretch is between the rear leg/hip and hands.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The fbc is a rabbit hole which is why some now say its a none teach.. Fairly difficult to move forward without some type of coil. We know that gaining ground by stretching the core forward yet back doesn't have a large dependency on coil.

Maybe it does for the folks that believe the stretch is between the rear leg/hip and hands.

Yeah. I try to get a result of coil. Which I view as a transferring of energy or a transporting weight. What I’m really after is the counter rotation of the pelvis/core sequentially which makes ‘hip coil’ reactive. Which has nothing to do with any hips or coiling thought etc. It should be built right into the loading pattern. A no teach.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

Maybe fbc does matter for the folks that believe the stretch is between the rear leg/hip and hands.

what is FBC?

Sep 29, 2014
I like it as a demo/teach so they understand the concept, you can very easily go forward without coil you see this in players who release early and slide the hips forward with the stride. I like getting the player to go from relaxed and ready then FBC and freeze so they are in the correct postion at toe touch just prior to forward intiatiion with some separation and stretch it's really the most important checkpoint in the swing....if you are not coiled and bat postioned proper at this point you never will be....if you were looking good but have started to release already you have leaked power you are never getting back.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I like it as a demo/teach so they understand the concept, you can very easily go forward without coil you see this in players who release early and slide the hips forward with the stride. I like getting the player to go from relaxed and ready then FBC and freeze so they are in the correct postion at toe touch just prior to forward intiatiion with some separation and stretch it's really the most important checkpoint in the swing....if you are not coiled and bat postioned proper at this point you never will be....if you were looking good but have started to release already you have leaked power you are never getting back.

The rear leg/hip relationship is important as in one doesn't want the weight to shift across the pelvis to the front leg, but I know from personal experience putting the feel sensor there to prevent the weight from shifting across the pelvis doesn't work..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Is Hamilton coiling here ? Does it put him in a leveraged position to swing from ?

2oLHkUD.gif

This is the "magic" a leveraged dynamic position that utilizes all available resources to whip the barrel from.

RW5PHnv.gif

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Turn the back foot in slightly and do some knee lifts pulling front knee towards belly button slightly on tees. Small knee lift toward belly button. Should help her feel the inward coil. Helps to compress front hip against back hip. Agree with everyone on scap load and posture as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802