First year 14's plus middle school sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
You are a jealous SOB. Braggart? that would be you math wiz. You don’t see me commenting about your daughter.
Again, I never said I was a math whiz only that I would likely not have an issue with YOU in a math competition..big difference. Also, I am not commenting on your daughter, only the way YOU described her in your introduction to the board. I am sure she is good kid despite her father's rose colored glasses.

Comment all you like on my DD..I already have enough negative comments on here to fill 3 threads so you won't be doing anything I haven't already done.

Anyway I am done..the only point I wanted to make was that HS has had practice everyday
since the beginning of time. The additional comment I made was unwarranted.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
Again, I never said I was a math whiz only that I would likely not have an issue with YOU in a math competition..big difference. Also, I am not commenting on your daughter, only the way YOU described her in your introduction to the board. I am sure she is good kid despite her father's rose colored glasses.

Anyway I am done..the only point I wanted to make was that HS has had practice everyday
since the beginning of time. The additional comment I made was unwarranted.
Again you know nothing about me. I could be a rocket scientist for all you know. It ain’t bragging if it’s true. Although it wasn’t bragging just the facts. I see kids in all sports through coaches eyes. No Daddy ball here.
I think you would agree a freshman making a varsity team that has made the state finals last 2 seasons is pretty impressive. At 5’2” I wouldn’t expect that. But she has a good serve and nose for the ball.
Her twin made freshman team. Not Varsity or JV. I told the wife before tryouts this would happen. So no rose colored glasses I know talent when I see it and I know less talented kids that need to work hard just to be able to compete.
My point is I don’t think practice everyday is necessary and really beneficial. I’d rather have kids fresh and attentive and run a quality practice. I’m not just talking about 5 days a week. My DD that’s playing V practices on Labor Day and also on Sats.
We have one 4 hr softball practice on Sun each week. My wife mentioned she may have V-ball practice on Sun sometimes. If this happens coach and I are gonna have a nice chat. You have a good night P.

Jun 22, 2019
MCL, ankle and shoulder. Jumping and landing got two and one of them hurt her shoulder spiking the ball.

No basketball for all but 2 on the team. Trying to talk them out of it.

Apr 28, 2019
MCL, ankle and shoulder. Jumping and landing got two and one of them hurt her shoulder spiking the ball.

That’s tough. Luckily my kid is too short to spike. Always something.

Jun 8, 2016
Volleyball is the devil. 3 girls with injuries due to VB.
My sister jacked up her ankle playing VB in HS and it bothered her throughout her college career. She started varsity for basketball and softball for all 4 years of HS and never had an injury in those sports.

Jun 8, 2016
Again you know nothing about me. I could be a rocket scientist for all you know. I
If you were a rocket scientist that would be cool. We could talk shop although admittedly my knowledge of propulsion is a bit weak other than what I had to teach to my Intro to Aerospace Engineering course.

May 29, 2015

Yep, most injuries will be ankle strains and sprains. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/c...ects/piper/projects/RIO/Documents/2017-18.pdf

Something to watch for in softball/volleyball players is shoulder strains in girls who are (volleyball) hitters. The overhead hitting motion is very similar to the throwing motion in softball, leading to repetitive stress injuries across sports. (Personal experience with my daughter.)

One sport athletes more prone to injuries: https://www.nfhs.org/articles/study...tes-for-athletes-who-specialize-in-one-sport/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802