First Walk Off Hit!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Ok, it was just a pool play game. But game was tied, 4-4. Bottom of the last inning. 1 out. Runners on 1st and 2nd. Opposing coach intentionally walks the next batter—who had hit a screaming line drive that was caught earlier in the game—to load the bases. Bat is passed to my DD, who is a contact hitter and had grounded out to short earlier in the game.

She looked at the first pitch. 0-1. It up in the zone and on the outer half. Next pitch...smashed a fly ball triple to left field and cleared the bases. Her first walk off hit since she began playing softball. I was so happy for her. Her teammates mobbed her. She had the biggest smile on her face. Was great to see.

High School tryouts (she is a Freshman) start tomorrow.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Ok, it was just a pool play game. But game was tied, 4-4. Bottom of the last inning. 1 out. Runners on 1st and 2nd. Opposing coach intentionally walks the next batter—who had hit a screaming line drive that was caught earlier in the game—to load the bases. Bat is passed to my DD, who is a contact hitter and had grounded out to short earlier in the game.

She looked at the first pitch. 0-1. It up in the zone and on the outer half. Next pitch...smashed a fly ball triple to left field and cleared the bases. Her first walk off hit since she began playing softball. I was so happy for her. Her teammates mobbed her. She had the biggest smile on her face. Was great to see.

High School tryouts (she is a Freshman) start tomorrow.
She should get more opportunities the more she plays. It's good to be able to get into those high pressure situations and Succeed!

My DD's HS season is winding down. Last game is April 23rd.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
This is awesome, but I'm trying to figure out why play continued after the first run scored and all forced runners reached the next base.
Think it was just the general mayhem that ensued after the hit. Opposing team still went and played the ball like any other play. Our girls kept running. Our head coach was still doing the windmill at 3rd base. Think the umps had already walked off the field...LOL.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Think it was just the general mayhem that ensued after the hit. Opposing team still went and played the ball like any other play. Our girls kept running. Our head coach was still doing the windmill at 3rd base. Think the umps had already walked off the field...LOL.

LOL at the image of the umps being long gone before anybody else realizes the game is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598