First tournament win and a bit of vindication!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2019
Yesterday my daughter played shortstop and pitched in relief for our starter and our team got our first tournemant 1st place finnish!
This comes after our previous team would not let her play on the infield and wouldn't let her even talk about pitching.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Feels great, doesn't it? I don't know what age group you're in, but you'll reach a point where if a coach won't let a player play infield, they probably won't let a player play outfield, either. In fact, I know more than a few players who aren't allowed by their coach to play OF. At older age groups, games are quickly lost if a weak player is there.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Congrats!!! We were in the same situation last fall (10U at the time). Left the team last winter because they refused to give DD a chance to play anything but RF every other inning and pitch 1 maybe 2 inning in pool play. She begged HC for a chance to just practice another position so she could try to prove herself and never was allowed to. At the end, they had her running bases for an hour and half of practice time so infielders could get game situation reps. Daddy ball at it's best!!!

Found a team that loved her and immediately put her at 3rd, where she had never played and #2 pitcher. 1st time we faced old team in a tournament, we went to ITB and they tried to play small ball. She shut them down from 3rd!!! She had all 3 outs.

As a parent, I worry that I over estimate my DD's abilities with my bias. It felt so good to know we were right and to see the DD just glowing with pride as she floated down the hand shake line.

Feb 27, 2019
Congrats!!! We were in the same situation last fall (10U at the time). Left the team last winter because they refused to give DD a chance to play anything but RF every other inning and pitch 1 maybe 2 inning in pool play. She begged HC for a chance to just practice another position so she could try to prove herself and never was allowed to. At the end, they had her running bases for an hour and half of practice time so infielders could get game situation reps. Daddy ball at it's best!!!

Found a team that loved her and immediately put her at 3rd, where she had never played and #2 pitcher. 1st time we faced old team in a tournament, we went to ITB and they tried to play small ball. She shut them down from 3rd!!! She had all 3 outs.

As a parent, I worry that I over estimate my DD's abilities with my bias. It felt so good to know we were right and to see the DD just glowing with pride as she floated down the hand shake line.

We just moved up to 14U, my daughter had the same role as yours on our previous 12U team, only rotational RF or LF duties. Coach had his previous little league allstars on the infield and wouldn't bring them out. Our new team liked her 2nd base work at tryouts. This tournement she got moved over to SS and Pitched for our championship run on sunday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom