First showcase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
There is a lot of good information here but don't freak out with thinking that all of it is 100% accurate, 100% of the time. You need to do what is right for you and your kid and understand that there will be times it doesn't mesh with somebodies unwritten rule. The two things that I tried to live by at tournaments where:
  1. Make it about the game and not the other crap. In other words, let the kid play the game and focus on the game and not who was or wasn't watching, etc.
  2. It's about the player and not about the parent. This is the one that gets a lot of folks. Other parents actually teased me about my behavior at games... there's "so and sos" dad out in the outfield sitting under the tree. Yep, that was me sitting under the tree staying the hell away from everyone else. I let my kid play and let her know it was HER deal and not mine. Don't get me wrong I coached some along the way and I loved the time with my daughter... but gamedays were hers to do HER thing.
I would imagine you were a coaches favorite parent also. I would have appreciated you very much. Great attitude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2