First PGF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD played in her first PGF with her new team this weekend and actually made it to the championship but lost to a good team. DD's team is an 05 team and the team we played is mostly 03 so I think we did pretty well. (The weekend prior was our first time really playing games and it was a showcase against some really good teams. All of the teams we played that weekend all play high school softball in the spring so had already played tons of tournaments. And this was only our first. )

DD had a decent day. Had a first pitch/lead-off double in their first bracket game that we won. Played 3B and outfield and had some good catches. She had caught one with a runner on 3rd who tagged up and DD's throw to catcher was perfect - just a sec too late - or else she would have had her :/ Had another really good catch with runners on that basically saved 2 runs.

We have 14 player roster and during the showcase - they batted all 14 and rotated defense quite a bit. So I was curious how the tournament would go.
We only batted 9 and rarely moved anyone in defense so I figured DD would sit some so others could play.
DD played the first game batting third.
Then ended up playing the rest of the games with her batting lead-off. I felt bad for some other girls who barely got to bat or play but glad that the coaches like DD enough to have her out there.

Hoping we can do well again this upcoming weekend and DD continues to do well :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2