First game of “Spring”?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
it's been a kind spring so far here......we've been outside 6 times i think, one cut short because it was 38 with 30mph winds and it stopped being productive; but the outfield is dry, fence is going up today, infield is in really decent shape (we dodged a rain bullet wednesday)

tomorrow's forecast is: Sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. - perfect weather for a pre-season DH !

but we'll get it in (it's either I coach a DH or drive to NH to watch DD1 play two at Rivier, so either way I'm cold)........daytime highs starting Sunday: 50, 62, 65, 72, 75, 75 - Maine is skipping over spring and jumping right into it, apparently

way better than the year we had the April 10 18" of snow.......this is the first year we've gotten our 1st scheduled scrimmage in since at least 2018, and looking at the weather, we'll get both preseason games this week AND next saturdays play day (3 1hr games) all in - I have no clue when the last time we got all pre-season in
Spring has been mild out there have a daughter living in NH. Keeps giving weather reports to make me 😠.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
havent seen snow in three years in SC. last TB tournament was Decemeber 10, 2022 first was Feb18, 2023.

i grew up in Ohio and now realize why everytime we traveled south we got smoked.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
A few years back ... One was done before tryouts to scare Winter away, the other was when we accepted Winter would leave when it was ready to ...

Attachments

• EC Glass snowperson.jpg
    EC Glass snowperson.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ECG Snow Scareperson.jpg
    ECG Snow Scareperson.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 11

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I spoke with a good buddy of mine from HS who moved to Texas about 25 years ago. His daughter played softball at Columbia until she graduated in 2022. I asked him why the softball was so good down by him, and his answer was really quite simple. "We're outside 10.5 months per year."

Aug 1, 2019
MN
First HS game finally completed yesterday, April 18th....with the ground rule added if the ball rolls into the remaining snow drifts at the outfield fence, throw your hands up so the ump can verify and award the ground rule double.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812