First Bat Investment LXT - Website Check

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2021
Hi! Newbie here about to invest in our first quality bat for my 10u player. She is currently using a 28/13 Easton Crystal. Has a great swing and connection but hits weren’t going past infield. Last night she hit with a 29/12 2019 LXT. She sailed 2 hits well into the outfield. So I started searching for one. Pretty slim options with these specs. I found a deal on a 2020 on closeoutbats.com. Anyone have experience with this site? Just want to confirm before I make the purchase.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021
I bought my DD a 2019 LXT last year from closeout. Made a huge difference in her plate approach due to the same reason you are talking about. She's a thin girl and was getting frustrated with the lack of pop with her old bat. By no means is she a power hitter now but she blisters the alleys in the outfield. So i definitely recommend the bat and the site. But if you have a local store she can swing a few different bats i would do that, every girl is different!

Apr 9, 2020
Thanks everyone! Pulling the trigger on the LXT!
I echo the statement about core on this website however I just recently came across is presence recently and will be my go to for new bats. prior like you I combed the internet looking for deals like all of us. I have used max at closeout bats a few times and was very happy with service and communication. he is New Jersey and asked if ever my daughter was near him being in New York he would love to have take some videos testing and feedback on bats for website . stars have yet to align yet for that... I also bought some practice balls to hit with from him.. I made the order and he emailed me with in an hour of making the order online asking to call.. I called and he didn't have the full quantity in dozens I wanted on his "closeout" balls so he offered me the newer non closeout for same price and got them out that day.. either way you should have confidence dealing eight core or closeout &i hope your daughter has a lot of exciting moments with her bat of choice..

Oct 10, 2018
If it's not too late - check ebay for a steal on a used one. in decent condition At 10U they don't hit hard enough to "wear out" the bat. The LXT is great choice, we've tried all the big names and she keeps coming back to the LXT.

Dec 11, 2010
Just curious, what's wrong with lust cats?
Rust Hats seem to be Exhibit #1 in what’s wrong with the sports equipment business to me! Full retail type prices and absolutely no value added by their sales people that respond to parents questions. I forget what they call the people that type responses to parents posting questions but it’s something like “bat expert” and it’s usually cut and paste marketing stuff and it’s usually not right.

Years ago they tried to market by posting here and it was the same thing. It really bugged me. It seems disingenuous to just sell something to uneducated parents and not be able to help the buyer get the right product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22