First base mitt for 10 year old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2019
After much research for a catchers mitt, I think I’m going to get her a 1B mitt. What are some good mitts for a 10 year old? She currently uses a 12” Shoeless Jane, which she caught with today.

Apr 30, 2018
Can't recommend Bradley Gloves enough. They make gloves that are age specific from good quality leather. The Next Play series are targeted at 8-14 year olds with kid sized finger stalls.

The 6090 series are the same patterns as the Next Play, but they are made from a Japanese Kip leather. This makes them more durable, but they are stiffer and will take longer to break in. These are geared more for the travel ball player who plays almost year round.

Both series also have catchers gloves. Browse the site as there are tons of options in size and colors and you can also order custom designs.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2019
I agree about Bradley gloves . I got a first baseman’s glove for my DD for 12 U from the Glove Wisperer.com. It came game ready and she loves it

Jul 16, 2019
Can't recommend Bradley Gloves enough. They make gloves that are age specific from good quality leather. The Next Play series are targeted at 8-14 year olds with kid sized finger stalls.

The 6090 series are the same patterns as the Next Play, but they are made from a Japanese Kip leather. This makes them more durable, but they are stiffer and will take longer to break in. These are geared more for the travel ball player who plays almost year round.

Both series also have catchers gloves. Browse the site as there are tons of options in size and colors and you can also order custom designs.

Thanks. I just contacted them for their opinion on which model for a 10 year old.

Jul 16, 2019
Said the 12" may not be big enough for a 12" ball, which she will be using this spring for school ball. Could probably handle the 12.25 if she has good hand and wrist strength.

Apr 30, 2018

These would all work then. The tan with navy laces looks good. I wouldn't rule out the 12" glove though. They have a generous return policy, I would get both and try them out. This one looks great. Just understand that the Next Play Glove is going to be easier to use out of the box. The 6090 glove will be stiff and need some break in.

Jul 16, 2019
I was leaning toward the FP Gold series 12.25, since it is softball specific. I will try to research on each though. I'd like to get something she can be using within a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802