First base mitt for 10 year old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2019
She does both, but as of right now she is mostly behind the plate. I bought her a Mizuno youth catchers mitt and she tried another brand (not sure which), but she didn't like either; she went right back to her fielders glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She does both, but as of right now she is mostly behind the plate. I bought her a Mizuno youth catchers mitt and she tried another brand (not sure which), but she didn't like either; she went right back to her fielders glove.
I understand she's playing 10U, but the first time she has to catch a pitcher who's throwing harder than she's comfortable with.......she'll learn to like a true catchers mitt!

At her age, I'd try to find her a proper catchers mitt and stick with a 12" fielders glove at 1B.

Jul 16, 2019
I don't disagree, but I think it is in her mind that a catchers mitt isn't the way to go. If we haven't already begun to play, I would likely move forward with the Vinci Fortus and play with it. Our current pitcher isn't throwing extremely fast, so I am comfortable with a 1B mitt for now. If she stays at catcher, I'll be buying a true catchers mitt and hopefully it will be an easy transition when she gets comfortable with a 1B mitt.

Apr 30, 2018
I would order both the FP Gold 1B glove and a Next Play Catchers Mitt to try. You can always return the glove. I think she will be pleasantly surprised when trying out a glove specifically made for kids hands. Bradley is sold out of the 32.5" FP Gold Catchers Mitt, but give them a shout and ask about the 32 or 33" Next Play. I believe the patterns are almost identical.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802