First Base Glove Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
... one of my body techs was sitting on his little roll around stool. Something looked off, he actually looked like he had been crying.....I said "you okay?", he said F no I ain't okay, my wife is pregnant!!...
Sounds like a set-up for a Rodney Dangerfield joke...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah some guys here are notorious for taking threads way off the rails! :rolleyes: What ya gonna do?

For lace and a needle....Buyfastpitchgloves.com, buy a 5" brass Perma Lok needle, they're cheap, buy two! For conditioner go the Walmart and get the two container package of Lexol, comes with cleaner & conditioner.

Lace size, since it's for a 1B mitt I'd ask a CS rep when you buy the lace, I've never personally re-laced a 1B mitt. It's usually a 1/4" for the web, the web spiral, and the fingertips, and 3/16" everywhere else on a fielders glove.
Make sure you also watch a few videos on the process of relacing a glove or mitt. There are some good tips about how to cut the laces and how to tie them off. Lastly, ensure you have a good pair of needle-nose plyers, or your job will be very difficult.

Feb 25, 2022
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I ordered a mix of 1/4" and 3/16" lace. I spent some time watching the videos suggested and seems pretty straightforward, although the web/cross bar area looks a bit tedious. I'll post some photos once the job is complete

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I ordered a mix of 1/4" and 3/16" lace. I spent some time watching the videos suggested and seems pretty straightforward, although the web/cross bar area looks a bit tedious. I'll post some photos once the job is complete
Did you buy that Perma Lok needle?

Feb 25, 2022
Did you buy that Perma Lok needle?
I did. I bought 2 of each size. A video I watched on relacing the DCT pattern bars used 2 needles and another video explained that the 2.25" is needed (easier) for tighter areas. My daughter did tell me the glove felt better at last night's practice, although she rolled her eyes at me when I told her I was going to relace the glove LOL.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
although she rolled her eyes at me when I told her I was going to relace the glove LOL.
See, you had already got her hopes up on some new leather.....then snatched it away! :LOL:

I've never used the small needle before but Lord knows there's been plenty of times I needed one! Those Perma Lok needles will absolutely spoil you compared to the lace kit needles sold in sports stores, no comparison!

There's a trick to keeping the lace in the end of the needle and it not pulling out, I'll let you figure that out! ;)

Feb 25, 2022
There's a trick to keeping the lace in the end of the needle and it not pulling out, I'll let you figure that out! ;)
From what I've seen, got to cut the lace at a 45 and twist it into the end of the needle. Is there another trick? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28