Firecrackers Softball - Staggering Numbers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
I don't know if this is a good or bad thing (I will let you decide) but thought you might find these stats very interesting for the Firecrackers Organization:

Nationally: 211 teams

States: 17

Top 2 States: CA (99 teams) and TX (49 teams)

# of players: 2,954 (estimate based on 211 teams x average 14 players per team)

Additional Fee per Player: $25 per month x 11 months (note: maybe someone can confirm this, I don't have first hand knowledge but this is what I have heard from many people)

Total Additional Fee per Player: $812,350 ($25 x 11 months x 2,954 players).

Other Org. Fees: not available (but with merchandising, mandatory clinics, org workouts, tournaments, sponsors, etc.) the numbers are truly staggering.....

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
its really good if you are Tony Rico...personally it is the org that I don't even consider during tryout season. I just fly right by the Firecracker postings on Heybucket. For good or bad I kind of view being on that team like going out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse.

Jun 19, 2013
and can we just say that Outbacks' rolls suck! Never go to a restaurant where the bread basket is gross is what I always say.

That is a lot of moola, what do you get for all those organization fees?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD was looking to play for the team out of MA. The fees were not out of line for 18U club in fact we would of saved 2k.

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
Those fees are cheap. We charge $125 per month. $350 start up fee for uniforms. $125 per month every month even if we do not play. This includes months where we play 3 or 4 weekends still $125. This also gets you minimum 6 practices, with indoor and outdoor facilities. All included. We are very competitive, mostly all Showcase. This fee is for a 18 U team, we have 14 teams now softball and baseball. Fees vary team to team, based on what level they are playing. It is much cheaper to play local ISA / NSA things than it is to play in Legacy, Firecracker, and Watkinsville. We do not tryout we have a waiting list for our 18 U Teams.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not sure how the Firecrackers organization is doing in other states, but their new teams in GA were weak last season.....they expanded too quickly to make a lot of $$$ and lost control of the quality of the product they are putting on the field.

Nov 29, 2009
Those fees are cheap. We charge $125 per month.

There is a $25 fee paid to the Firecrackers per player per month ABOVE the regular team fees. And you get nothing but the Firecracker name.

Feb 3, 2011
Those fees are cheap. We charge $125 per month. $350 start up fee for uniforms. $125 per month every month even if we do not play. This includes months where we play 3 or 4 weekends still $125. This also gets you minimum 6 practices, with indoor and outdoor facilities. All included. We are very competitive, mostly all Showcase. This fee is for a 18 U team, we have 14 teams now softball and baseball. Fees vary team to team, based on what level they are playing. It is much cheaper to play local ISA / NSA things than it is to play in Legacy, Firecracker, and Watkinsville. We do not tryout we have a waiting list for our 18 U Teams.

I don't think you understand what the OP is saying. The "fee" the Rocketech1 is referencing is the monthly fee players pay solely for the Firecracker name. I don't know the breakdown (not my circus, not my monkeys), but multiple parents from those teams have said it's $25-50/month. To be clear, that buys you nothing apart from the name. That's your franchise fee. In some instances, that means stronger tryouts which can result in generally stronger teams, but that's by no means guaranteed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802