Firecrackers Softball - Staggering Numbers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2015
SoCal
I don't know if this is a good or bad thing (I will let you decide) but thought you might find these stats very interesting for the Firecrackers Organization:

Nationally: 211 teams

States: 17

Top 2 States: CA (99 teams) and TX (49 teams)

# of players: 2,954 (estimate based on 211 teams x average 14 players per team)

Additional Fee per Player: $25 per month x 11 months (note: maybe someone can confirm this, I don't have first hand knowledge but this is what I have heard from many people)

Total Additional Fee per Player: $812,350 ($25 x 11 months x 2,954 players).

Other Org. Fees: not available (but with merchandising, mandatory clinics, org workouts, tournaments, sponsors, etc.) the numbers are truly staggering.....

The Youth Sports/Industrial Complex at it's best.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Youre right. She didnt sign. She just met with the head coach. She probably would have had the D1 coach interested if she played for the bad news bears.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
The Youth Sports/Industrial Complex at it's best.

Thats the man holding you down.

We gotta take the power back.

Maybe we can get hillary to step in and take control of softball. We need a public softball travel team just as strong, just as well funded as the FCs. Lol

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Here is the root of the single sport, keeping up with the Jones' mentality of youth sports. These mega organizations can make more money if they force your kid to play one sport all year then if she plays 2 sports and her "primary" sport only goes for 8 months.

Once these teams convince enough parents that they have to spend, spend, spend the rest of the orgs fall into line. Can't be good if its not expensive and/or exclusive.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I like that there are options for youth sports. You can play rec ball and have some good ol americas past time fun or you can play at an elite level or anywhere in between. Im lucky enough to be in the financial situation that if my DD was good enough to make a team like FC id be able to earn, beg, borrow or steal enough dough to cover the costs. Im more worried about the cost of university tuition than TB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28