Finally Starting Back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Perfect. It is boring. Unfortunately. The loneliest position on the field.
The excitement comes in the games. The work is boring.
Now there are some parents and coaches here that have made training fun. At this point not sure it would matter but you could reach out to the forum and ask for fun pitching training ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Every session towards the end, I made sure to do something that she had fun with. For example fly balls and grounders, but she had to throw using underhand. She always had a blast with that. Another that she always had a blast doing was I let her go ahead actually pitch. Even though she doesnt really know how. On both she would be smiling and laughing the whole time. So, I don't know probably just because she is 9. At the end of the day, its her choice not mine. I'm not playing the game LOL

Mar 20, 2015
Our Little League had a pitching clinic once a week that we attended every winter when DD was starting out at an early age. The main purpose was not necessarily the instruction but it got her on a schedule of pitching once a week with other girls. We supplemented that with a couple of lessons with PCs or a once a week training facility package. Also team pitching practices are good so they can work with other players and coaches. Even if you don't agree with everything being taught it gives them exposure to the outside world of of other players and possibly previous college pitchers or PCs that can build their motivation and excitement. Something like the Package Deal or other seminars that come through town are also great at motivating young players. You can then use your time with her to direct her into the mechanics that you would like her to follow.

Oct 2, 2017
Our Little League had a pitching clinic once a week that we attended every winter when DD was starting out at an early age. The main purpose was not necessarily the instruction but it got her on a schedule of pitching once a week with other girls. We supplemented that with a couple of lessons with PCs or a once a week training facility package. Also team pitching practices are good so they can work with other players and coaches. Even if you don't agree with everything being taught it gives them exposure to the outside world of of other players and possibly previous college pitchers or PCs that can build their motivation and excitement. Something like the Package Deal or other seminars that come through town are also great at motivating young players. You can then use your time with her to direct her into the mechanics that you would like her to follow.

I agree with the clinic thing. This weekend she is going to skills clinic thing that the local high school has been doing the last 4 years now. She has gone the last 2 years. She has a blast. They bring in the coach for the Tulsa drillers and sometimes have girls from a college come also.. While I don't really agree with how they try and teach, It still motivates her to play.

Oct 4, 2018
3 days a week that, which is the schedule she came up with. no more than 45 mins each is far from pushing her to quickly.

Gotcha.

I guess I was referring to the concepts you are wanting her to master. It's gonna take months. Some kids don't want to take that long. Some parents don't want it to take that long.

Even when everyone's on the same page there will be set-backs and plateaus that will make a girl want to stop.

I'm no Saint. I'm way too hard on my DD. And at risk for driving her away from pitching. Just sharing my concern. I could be way off base with your situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802