Finally Starting Back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
I think DD might be understanding the feel of I/r a little more now?

Yes yes. She is getting it.
She just has the false hello elbow finish. Haha. That will go away as she relaxes and gains confidence.
Remember knees to the catcher. Shoulders to the catcher. The arm circle will naturally open and close everything.

Very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
From a complete outsider view from someone who doesn't know anything, I worry you might be going too fast.

This entire thread was about 8 days. You might be driving her away by trying to do so much, so quickly. Personally I'd just not mention softball for a few days and see if she comes to you wanting to work on pitching again.

Nov 8, 2018
Unfortunatley DD said she really doesn't want to pitch anymore :cautious:

Find out why?
But I can tell you is that if there is no love for it don’t do it. She has to want it. It’s the toughest thing to learn on the field. Takes the most time. It’s a constant. Never ends. Always practicing. I’ve had dd practicing on the beaches of aruba, also in italy. Wherever we go the gloves come. Is what it is. to be really good you have to work on it constantly. Girls on the 12u team (my dd 14u) ask my dd how much she practices and when they hear she does something everyday they give a holy crap look. Yeah it’s a constant. Training, strengthening, mechanics, spot, spin, speed, explosive movements , joint stability. Never ends. And I love it.
She loves pitching. Not so much the training but does it cause it’s necessary.

Oct 2, 2017
From a complete outsider view from someone who doesn't know anything, I worry you might be going too fast.

This entire thread was about 8 days. You might be driving her away by trying to do so much, so quickly. Personally I'd just not mention softball for a few days and see if she comes to you wanting to work on pitching again.

3 days a week that, which is the schedule she came up with. no more than 45 mins each is far from pushing her to quickly.

Oct 2, 2017
Find out why?
But I can tell you is that if there is no love for it don’t do it. She has to want it. It’s the toughest thing to learn on the field. Takes the most time. It’s a constant. Never ends. Always practicing. I’ve had dd practicing on the beaches of aruba, also in italy. Wherever we go the gloves come. Is what it is. to be really good you have to work on it constantly. Girls on the 12u team (my dd 14u) ask my dd how much she practices and when they hear she does something everyday they give a holy crap look. Yeah it’s a constant. Training, strengthening, mechanics, spot, spin, speed, explosive movements , joint stability. Never ends. And I love it.
She loves pitching. Not so much the training but does it cause it’s necessary.

She said she basically said it was boring, because she wants to just do everything at once. Full motion pitching etc. Me and her mom explained that it takes time and work to get to that point. Its not something that you just do. So we told her to think about it and let us know. I asked yesterday and she said that no she doesn't, that she wants to be a infielder.

Nov 8, 2018
She said she basically said it was boring, because she wants to just do everything at once. Full motion pitching etc. Me and her mom explained that it takes time and work to get to that point. Its not something that you just do. So we told her to think about it and let us know. I asked yesterday and she said that no she doesn't, that she wants to be a infielder.

Perfect. It is boring. Unfortunately. The loneliest position on the field.
The excitement comes in the games. The work is boring.
Now there are some parents and coaches here that have made training fun. At this point not sure it would matter but you could reach out to the forum and ask for fun pitching training ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee