Finally Starting Back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Hi guys yesterday was my DD fist day back after taking a break from softball. Now she will actually be working to learn to pitch. Below is a video. I was wanting any tips you could provide. The goal yesterday was to maintain good quiet posture (Balswick)while moving the arms into brush with the side.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
I know she is just starting so a couple basics here.
Have her move the back foot toward the camera. Looks a bit behind the left foot.
Also, as she is brushing get her to now work inward with the had to get the forearm probating and humerus internally rotating.
Next step.
Keep up the good fight.
Oh and good luck. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
I know she is just starting so a couple basics here.
Have her love the back foot toward the camera. Looks a bit behind the left foot.
Also, as she is crushing get her to now work inward with the had to get the forearm probating and humerus internally rotating.
Next step.
Keep up the good fight.
Oh and good luck. Lmao.

Thanks for the reply. So the spacing of the feet should be about shoulder width or slightly more?

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the reply. So the spacing of the feet should be about shoulder width or slightly more?

You want her feet placed 45 as if she is on the power line right.?! You can have both toes right on or as mike would teach have her front toe line up with the middle of her back foot. Helps stay at 45 and will keep her from want to open her hips. A good stacked position the same you want when she starts driving and pitching.

Oct 2, 2017
You want her feet placed 45 as if she is on the power line right.?! You can have both toes right on or as mike would teach have her front toe line up with the middle of her back foot. Helps stay at 45 and will keep her from want to open her hips. A good stacked position the same you want when she starts driving and pitching.

Do you mean front toe of the rear foot lined up with the middle of the front lead foot both feet 45?

Nov 8, 2018

Yes. Both feet at 45. Don’t let that back foot go near 90. Creates A False sense of dragging it and staying open.
Not good in this style.
My dd does this sometimes and then she will lose power and control. She losses good brush or has to stick but out to brush. Either way it’s not most efficient.

Oct 2, 2017
I think I get it now. Getting to the position with the rear foot more towards third sets the proper angle 45 of the body to be maintained. This allows a player not to have to prematurally or over rotate open which would throw off posture. Throwing off posture and the body angle takes away the ability to brush etc. This is often seen when a player has to stick their butt out etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12