Finally got some action on GoPro today...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 1, 2008
Here are a couple short clips from last season with my GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I now have a horribly addictive hobby. I had to buy an extra 1 TB hard drive and I need another one ASAP. I filmed every game but 3 last season. I worked a Saturday of overtime during a tournament and missed 2 games, and ran out of battery at the start of the State Championship game. I made a pretty kick butt highlight video for the team to play at the sports banquet. It's almost 4 minutes long so I dare not try to upload it with my sad DSL.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kimpphcrsc42ky/whitneydive.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdc5ao8pbyt8sbz/haleigh.mp4?dl=0

Feb 16, 2010
What settings are are you recording with? I just bought a hero 3 silver. The first videos I recorded in the preset 1080P and 60FPS. I can't get my computer to play them back without being glitchy and jumpy. I read most computers cant handle that much data without playback issues. I need to drop down to some level, but don't know how far to go and still get good quality video, but have no trouble playing it back.

Dec 19, 2012
What settings are are you recording with? I just bought a hero 3 silver. The first videos I recorded in the preset 1080P and 60FPS. I can't get my computer to play them back without being glitchy and jumpy. I read most computers cant handle that much data without playback issues. I need to drop down to some level, but don't know how far to go and still get good quality video, but have no trouble playing it back.

If you find out your PC should be able to handle a 1080P/60FPS video, the next step is to make sure you have the proper codec installed.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Um...proper codec?? English please?

Think of a codec as a program language to translate a media file; very much like human language. For instance, put 5 people in a room that all speak the same language. Some can listen and speak more efficiently than others. Codecs are much the same way. Some codecs can translate GoPro files more efficiently than others. I've found that downloading a program called VLC Player (for windows) helps with some of these issues. It is a great media player in it's own right. But it also updates the codecs, which tends to fix some of the problems you describe.

Here's the link to the most current version:
VideoLAN - Downloads

Nov 1, 2008
I film in 1080p 60 fps Medium FOV. If I try to use anything other than the GoPro studio to open the video it is very glitchy. Windows media player won't play the 60 fps video on my computer. I've kinda got GoPro studio figured out so I use it. There are probably better solutions but I can get by with what I have and GoPro studio is free.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Think of a codec as a program language to translate a media file; very much like human language. For instance, put 5 people in a room that all speak the same language. Some can listen and speak more efficiently than others. Codecs are much the same way. Some codecs can translate GoPro files more efficiently than others. I've found that downloading a program called VLC Player (for windows) helps with some of these issues. It is a great media player in it's own right. But it also updates the codecs, which tends to fix some of the problems you describe.

Here's the link to the most current version:
VideoLAN - Downloads

So to make a good gif video off of the video u shoot u set at 1080p 60fps. What else do I need to setup on the gopro?

thanks Josh!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812