Finally...a weekend visit with Java

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
After several years of emails, phone calls and online advice, we (Lizzy and I) finally made the trip to see Java over the weekend. Lizzy and I both recognized she was lacking spin understanding and that was something that I could not teach her as I had no understanding of it myself. Something better explained in person with the expert knowledge from someone like Java. Lizzy was also developing a couple bad habits that have bled into her mechanics over the past few months that Java addressed with great accuracy. I can honestly say the expense of the flight, car, hotel, etc....paled in comparison to what we gained from the knowledge and instruction we received. Java was brutally honest with Lizzy (which is what she likes) about every aspect of her pitching. Java taught her more in 10 hours than I could have in 10 months about spin, timing and tempo. Lizzy left New York with a new found excitement for pitching and the knowledge she gained will truly take her to the next level with success.

My point of this post is if anyone has the opportunity to get any instruction from Java, I would jump all over it. Yes, it is expensive to get to New York from Oklahoma but it was worth every penny. We will be going back next fall. We just wanted to publicly thank Java for all the time and work he puts in and tell everyone what a wonderful trip we had. Thanks Java!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Java knows his stuff, for sure. We're really lucky to have so many great teacher willing to share their knowledge.

Nov 8, 2018
After several years of emails, phone calls and online advice, we (Lizzy and I) finally made the trip to see Java over the weekend. Lizzy and I both recognized she was lacking spin understanding and that was something that I could not teach her as I had no understanding of it myself. Something better explained in person with the expert knowledge from someone like Java. Lizzy was also developing a couple bad habits that have bled into her mechanics over the past few months that Java addressed with great accuracy. I can honestly say the expense of the flight, car, hotel, etc....paled in comparison to what we gained from the knowledge and instruction we received. Java was brutally honest with Lizzy (which is what she likes) about every aspect of her pitching. Java taught her more in 10 hours than I could have in 10 months about spin, timing and tempo. Lizzy left New York with a new found excitement for pitching and the knowledge she gained will truly take her to the next level with success.

My point of this post is if anyone has the opportunity to get any instruction from Java, I would jump all over it. Yes, it is expensive to get to New York from Oklahoma but it was worth every penny. We will be going back next fall. We just wanted to publicly thank Java for all the time and work he puts in and tell everyone what a wonderful trip we had. Thanks Java!

Arranging to meet this month and thru the winter. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Boomers, I'm glad you had the chance to experience it in person! Your trip sounds much like the first visit we had with with Java while in NY (from CO). His ability to see and relate the full "Pitch" to my DD (not to mention her twin sister, practice partner and regular catcher but also to me as her Dad and backyard coach) is fantastic and beyond comparison to anything else we've encountered so far. I'm fortunate as Java lives less than a couple hours away from where I grew up so we can combine visits with the master with family trips. Every session with him has equaled drinking from a firehose!

Sep 30, 2013
Northwest, IN
You all need to take some video of these encounters with Java and share with the rest of us! I'd tip ya some to help recoup those costs for some of that
travel and knowledge! Java is excellent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802