Fielding skills for the young ones

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
This teacher, Morgan Stuart, gets a lot of smiles from her drills. She has quite a few on youtube. Do you have favorites to share?

- Get Defensive: 4 Balls

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Here is a setup to get a lot of ground balls in a hurry.

- Infield Training and Drills for All Levels

Jun 8, 2016
Here is a setup to get a lot of ground balls in a hurry.

- Infield Training and Drills for All Levels

Rolling GBs in practice is underrated. That said, not a big fan of having them stop their feet and pause like that. Young kids have a difficult enough time learning to move through a ball without actually forcing them to not do it.. ;)
If you want them to focus on "burying their eyes into the ball" have them field them from their knees.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Rolling GBs in practice is underrated. That said, not a big fan of having them stop their feet and pause like that. Young kids have a difficult enough time learning to move through a ball without actually forcing them to not do it.. ;)
If you want them to focus on "burying their eyes into the ball" have them field them from their knees.
Phase 1 for the little ones.
Phase 2 - use same concept for phase 2 with proper approach foot work teaching getting the momentum to make a throw.
Phase 3 -2 lines with a throw following the throw

Jun 8, 2016
Phase 1 for the little ones.
Phase 2 - use same concept for phase 2 with proper approach foot work teaching getting the momentum to make a throw.
Phase 3 -2 lines with a throw following the throw
Yeah..do phase 1 from the knees.. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449