Fielding Masks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2019
Best fielding mask for a pitcher?
She had been wearing a Schutt for two years. Time for a new one. Anyone have experience with any others? She is going to wear one so we don't need to go there.

Apr 28, 2019
Best fielding mask for a pitcher?
She had been wearing a Schutt for two years. Time for a new one. Anyone have experience with any others? She is going to wear one so we don't need to go there.

We used to use Rip-it masks but upgraded to Boombah DEFCON Titanium. Light weight & stronger then steel. The plastic piece broke on the Rip-it masks. Other than that they were fine.
Schutt makes a titanium mask as well but a little pricey compared to steel mask.
It’s all about comfort and protection when your playing 3-5 games a day on weekends.
This was 3-4yrs ago but the DEFCON was $50 & the Schutt Ti was $80. My girls just liked the Boombah mask better.

Apr 6, 2017
Rip it is what most of the girls wear around here. I’ve seen a few cheap plastic, I wouldn’t go that route.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Medal rip-it.

I did not like the feel of the plastic ones. Steal weighs a little bit more but DD never complained.

I am not sure if they have a life span, DD wore hers years and years so worth the money.

Shoes on the other hand. :)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Both DD's have been using the Schutt steel mask for about 4 years now. They've held up really well with a little maintenance to the velcro and chin cup a couple times. Straps have probably seen better days and could use replacing. I am considering getting a new Titanium version for them to use for the next 4 years and would probably go with the Schutt again. It is currently about $10 more than the Rip It or the Bombah but for us it's a known commodity.

Jul 15, 2016
DD loves the Rip it and the EvoShield masks. The Evo has an additional fitting pc that can be adjusted to the face for a custom fit.

May 19, 2016
Daughter has only used the Schutt and the Rip It. She prefers the Rip It over the Schutt for one exception....the chin cup.

Jun 24, 2019
DD is on the second rip-it mask and she loves it, the first one is perfectly fine just that she wanted a matching one for this years uniform. Little maint required chin pad and straps after some time

May 19, 2016
DD loves the Rip it and the EvoShield masks. The Evo has an additional fitting pc that can be adjusted to the face for a custom fit.

How Is the vision and weight on the Evoshield? My daughter wears the Rip It mask, and has never complained, but when she takes It off she has a huge mark on her forehead from the padding. The mask Is just at the snug point where It wont wobble so I know Its not too tight. Thinking about going the Evoshield rout because of the extra contact points might help with that imprint. I know shes not going to like It If It Is bulky either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802