Fielding Masks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 17, 2016
My girls both have used the Rip It Youth size for years. We ordered a Schutt titanium Adult for my 14u. She has an average size head but it was huge on her. Very wide. She didn't like the chin cup, but she really hated the extra piece that comes down from the forehead. Said it blocked her vision and was distracting. Ended up ordering a Rip It adult size for her and she's much happier.

The Schutt also had very soft forehead padding. The Rip It much stiffer.

Jul 15, 2016
How Is the vision and weight on the Evoshield? My daughter wears the Rip It mask, and has never complained, but when she takes It off she has a huge mark on her forehead from the padding. The mask Is just at the snug point where It wont wobble so I know Its not too tight. Thinking about going the Evoshield rout because of the extra contact points might help with that imprint. I know shes not going to like It If It Is bulky either.
She likes it quite a bit Does not seem too heavy. The only issue is you have to be a little selective with sunglasses. With the extra fit points, some larger glasses may not fit. My DD wears Ironman glasses from Academy.

May 19, 2016
She likes it quite a bit Does not seem too heavy. The only issue is you have to be a little selective with sunglasses. With the extra fit points, some larger glasses may not fit. My DD wears Ironman glasses from Academy.

my daughter wears the Marucci Volo. The Lenses aren’t as large as most glasses we see out there.

Mar 4, 2019
Texas
My DD wears the Evo for past 3 yrs. She is 13 now. She has not complained once about it and does not affect her vision for pitching. I personally like the extra contact points and no problem wearing her glasses. She wears oakley flak 2. They are a little heavier than the RIP it, but they are metal...but my DD is used to it. Sturdier and more face contact points.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD had the Rip-It and Schutt. She liked the Schutt better. Best Sunglasses she found to use with it were the $15 polarized sunglasses used for fishing at Walmart (Spider). Slim profile, lightweight and cheap so invariably when she threw them haphazardly in her catchers bag and they got smashed to pieces, it didn't break the bank to replace them.

Jan 28, 2017
DD has an odd problem with facemask. She pitches and plays everywhere in the infield. She has very thick hair and when she throws the ball overhand her facemask comes off all the time. Not sure what brand can help with this problem. People laugh at her all the time because after the first pitch she has hair flowing down over her eyes and giving a intense glare.

Feb 14, 2019
My DD switched from a steel Rip-It to the Boombah Titanium and loves it! We weighed them both on our kitchen scale and the Boombah was just over half what the Rip-It weighed. Unfortunately the weight savings are proportional to the cost difference between the two...Totally worth the extra money though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478