Fielded choice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
Scoring question, this has happened to my DD twice this year, she’s hit a ball to the out field, out fielder fails to make the catch (not scored an error) and the runners at first who have tagged up gets thrown out at second.

Our score keeper scores it as a fielders choice instead of a hit. The way I understand it, fielders choices are only for infield plays and extra bases on balls hit to the out field. For example throw to home, batter advances to 2nd because of the throw home, is a single with extra base in fielders choice.

What’s the correct scoring? Are these hits or are they fielders choice?

Jul 19, 2021
Scoring question, this has happened to my DD twice this year, she’s hit a ball to the out field, out fielder fails to make the catch (not scored an error) and the runners at first who have tagged up gets thrown out at second.

Our score keeper scores it as a fielders choice instead of a hit. The way I understand it, fielders choices are only for infield plays and extra bases on balls hit to the out field. For example throw to home, batter advances to 2nd because of the throw home, is a single with extra base in fielders choice.

What’s the correct scoring? Are these hits or are they fielders choice?
Fielder's Choice

Jun 11, 2013
Take the positive in that she should have had 2 hits and forget the stats. Some game she'll hit 2 bloop singles and one a swinging bunt that will look like a 3-3 day on paper, but not really a great hitting day.

Aug 21, 2020
FC all day. Yeah it’s not great stat wise, but I’d take that over popping up into an infield fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2022
NFHS 3.2.a: ...it is not a base hit if any runner is out on a force play caused by the batter advancing toward first base.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101