FFS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Eric- was this a question to me?

Yes FFS is alive and breathing :)

Was at DD's games Sat and Sun.
Well tell him to create a new account.. I suggest "TTB like TM", :).

If he does, tell him to PM me, I have questions, :)

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Despite the fact that panties sometimes gets bunched up, and feathers sometimes get ruffled, technical hitting discussions where beliefs get challenged are often the most productive in the long run. There is value is having your beliefs challenged, and being asked to defend them. There is also value in knowing that others are seeing things the same way you are.

For all the time I've been here, I don't think anyone has bunched my panties and ruffled my feathers with the frequency that FFS has. There have been moments when I have been downright pissed off at him. However, I also recognize that his challenges have lead me to a greater level of understanding. Not always in agreement with him, but because he made me think.

That said, sometimes I wish he would just give a straight answer to a simple question.
;)

I'm way better as a coach and instructor to my team because of FFS. He does challenge, alot. He is direct. Kind of matter of fact guy.

One of the things I do like is that presented with new information/data FFS will evaluate and make changes as well if warranted.

I agree with the direct answer. Something he constantly preaches to players is "YOU are responsible for your swing, not me, your mom, your dad, your coach...you" and "You have to own your swing".

That said....my DD and girls on my team, by working with him and being challenged and learning to understand their swing...have been becoming self correcting...even at bats. The conversations are amazing when I talk with them after their AB and ask what happened between the 1st pitch 2nd pitch etc. They can tell me the adjustment they made to their swing mechanics and what they didn't do correctly and how the corrected it.

Feb 7, 2013
I'm ok with getting him back but just make sure he stays out of the Pitching forum where he would occasionally stray :)

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
If we aren't going to bring him back (or, apparently, even acknowledge that we are asking), can you at least find a way to make his profile (thus his EXTENSIVE post history) searchable again? It's one thing to feel the need to show him who's boss but it's another thing entirely to rob the DFP users of his considerable contributions to the board.

Jun 8, 2016
If we aren't going to bring him back (or, apparently, even acknowledge that we are asking), can you at least find a way to make his profile (thus his EXTENSIVE post history) searchable again? It's one thing to feel the need to show him who's boss but it's another thing entirely to rob the DFP users of his considerable contributions to the board.
GYA6YaB.png

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
I'm not the biggest FFS fan, but I admire the time he put into this forum and his contributions even though I disagree. To see him banned without explanation is absurd. There's no reason an admin couldn't explain what rule was violated and if the ban is temporary or permanent.

I'd recommend a protest until something is said. If forum leaders such as yourselves quit posting, the ad revenue from this site will slowly deteriorate...

Dec 11, 2010
As impolite as FFS could be at times he served a very valuable purpose.

Without posters like him, our beloved DFP has the chance of becoming a dunce magnet like a certain fb site became in a very short amount of time.

Some really goofy advice is already going unchallenged in the practical and technical hitting forums.

DFP has always been a destination for smart posters. Some are only borderline polite. The trade off is easily worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802