Feedback on catchers gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Have you tried this years stuff? I agree the helmet is blah, but the chest and shins are awesome. We had tried the previous stuff and didn't care for it but this years redesign is excellent. Padding down the center of the chest has a rubbery feel to it that will keep the ball from bouncing. The underfoot toe guard strap is actually practical and the toe protection stays centered. Also, it was the lightest weight gear I've ever held. There are actually holes in the padding of the sides of the chest for weight reduction and breathability.

On a side note my player is super skinny, and this was one of the only sets where the plastic on the front of the legs didn't wrap around so far that it hit the back of her thighs when she squatted (wanted to love the all-star but the plastic was way too large). The soft padding wraps around the leg quite nicely.

On a side note, I wanted to try the schutt shins but she didn't care for the look of them. They were going to be my next/last resort because of how they do the plastic on the front (more similar to the old promotion stuff we were coming from).

Are you talking about Mizuno? If so, I wasn't aware that there had been a re-design. That's great if they made some improvements.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If anybody looking for JS Very Best sets, hit me up...got 2 black sets of large that I have here just to look at...got them at
good prices and figured why not...haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12