Feedback on 11yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I would work on a more "sudden" swing.
She seems to let things drift, slowly, downward, as she is reading the pitch.
maybe work on holding a good loaded position, and launching swing *directly* from there?
That’s what I was thinking with a bunch of stride, pause, swing maintaining good resistance in upper body

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Her rear forearm is vertical at toe touch. This is causing bad bat drag. Yes, dry stride, pull back like a bow, keep hands so she can touch shoulder/armpit with extended thumb. 15 minutes and she's good to go. You learn it also.

Jun 8, 2016
Also would like to see some other slow motion 11 yo hitters for reference
Why an 11 YO? Wouldn't you want to see how the best do it or was that your way of saying that all 11 YO have issues (which is probably generally true) and to lay off a bit with the criticism..

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Why an 11 YO? Wouldn't you want to see how the best do it or was that your way of saying that all 11 YO have issues (which is probably generally true) and to lay off a bit with the criticism..
The post about her having a beginner swing is what made me want to see other 11yo hitters. I would truly like to see other 11yo swings! Most folks on here will not post live game swings. I wonder why that is? Folks got tee swings and cage swings and when asked for an in game swing you get nothing lol

Jun 8, 2016
The post about her having a beginner swing is what made me want to see other 11yo hitters. I would truly like to see other 11yo swings! Most folks on here will not post live game swings. I wonder why that is? Folks got tee swings and cage swings and when asked for an in game swing you get nothing lol
So yes, you were getting sensitive about the whole thing. I got a whole thread of my DD's 9 YO swing where there is plenty of critique, and rightly so. She is playing up a year, batting cleanup and hit above .450 but her swing needs work. Your DD is no different regardless of the results she is seeing right now.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
So yes, you were getting sensitive about the whole thing. I got a whole thread of my DD's 9 YO swing where there is plenty of critique, and rightly so. She is playing up a year, batting cleanup and hit above .450 but her swing needs work. Your DD is no different regardless of the results she is seeing right now.
Thanks for the advice! You are correct. Guess when you ask for feedback you can’t pick what type of feedback you get. Lesson learned

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks for the advice! You are correct. Guess when you ask for feedback you can’t pick what type of feedback you get. Lesson learned
The way I look at it is my DD is hitting now with a swing with some significant issues. Once those issues are taken care of she will hopefully "take off". I suggest you look at it in a similar vein. Choose one thing at a time and work on it and see how it goes.

Oct 2, 2017

Pattar made good points concerning this. Try not to get offended or defensive about critiques. I had to learn that quickly on here myself when I first posted. Especially if posting in the "Technical" forum. Poster Five Frame Swing made me feel that way at first, but then became a person who had really good insight to helping me with my then 8 now 9 DD.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar made good points concerning this. Try not to get offended or defensive about critiques. I had to learn that quickly on here myself when I first posted. Especially if posting in the "Technical" forum. Poster Five Frame Swing made me feel that way at first, but then became a person who had really good insight to helping me with my then 8 now 9 DD.
I had/ have the "advantage" of being so negative that any sort of criticism from a third party just emboldens my negativity..:LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802