Fear of hit by pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I used the method of using a softie ball and teacher the batter the correct way to avoid a pitch coming at them , I never used a real softball though. It worked for me, teaching the kids they can avoid being hit most of the time. I did this this with DD and she rarely was ever hit by a pitcher.

Once they get confident they can avoid most pitches they concentrate more on getting a hit then being hit.

Apr 30, 2018
Anyone have a link or two to a good video showing how to take/avoid being hit? I have taught my DD to turn towards the catcher 45 degrees, pulling the arms in, and ducking so it is more of an angled hit off the upper body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Anyone have a link or two to a good video showing how to take/avoid being hit? I have taught my DD to turn towards the catcher 45 degrees, pulling the arms in, and ducking so it is more of an angled hit off the upper body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dodgeball in school PE can be good for learning skills. That said, the boys at my DD's school didn't like playing dodgeball with softball players.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am sensitive to this subject.

DD played at 6u and stopped.

Her best friend asked her to play 8U with her to do something together.

I plunk friend 1st pitch, she was done. I was supposed to drive .her back from practice.

She borrowed DD's cell phone to call dad who was in important meetimg, he was there in 15 minuets. HC was trying to settle her down, she was done with SB. She just wanted to go home.

She never played 1 game, still bothers me it might be my fault.

Apparently she plays HS tennis now, we have a big school, so she must be good.

May 11, 2018
My DD had the same problem first year 10u. i lined her up against a fence and threw tennis balls at her to prove to her she was fast enough to get out of the way, it worked and she had fun with it. now she is in last year of 12u and will take one for the team and only moves if its very fast. you can also do live pitching with softies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802