Favorite Catchers Mitt for 18U/College/Pro level

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
There's been a lot of discussion about Catchers Mitts for the younger players and even for us BucketDads (or Moms) but I haven't seen much talk or comparison lately about what Mitt prevails or is preferred most often at the upper levels. If you were buying a new mitt today what would it be and if you can, please say why? Fit, feel, cost, team sponsor, etc.. Any killer deals out there on a RHT right now? :) If you are sticking with the same glove that was used during 14, 16, High School is it because you're just comfortable with it or have you tried all the others and feel t's the best there is?

*DD is currently using (and really likes) her Rawlings Liberty Advanced but it's time to start breaking in a back up. She's used a Vinci, Easton and a Mizuno in the past and has never tried a Wilson A2000, All Star CMW3001 or higher end (HOH or Pro Preferred) Rawlings.

May 6, 2015
DD loves her AS CMW3000. good padding (never had a stinger), once broken in it gives her good control, not too heavy, only work done on it in 2 years is conditioning, and tightened some of the laces once break in was complete.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@Travis Lassiter just dropped the mic!!

Never had a catcher DD, she pitched and played SS, all mitts here at our house were for me.........old bucket dad! I own a All-Star CMW3000 and a Vinci JCV-22, both are excellent, great mitts!

Pure speculation as I’ve never owned a custom Rawlings catchers mitt like the one Travis posted, but I couldn’t imagine my All-Star or Vinci could touch that Rawlings! No comparison in quality!

Having owned several custom Rawlings gloves, I feel I’m pretty much on the money with my speculation!

Edit: To be fair......you could buy both the All-Star and that Vinci together for less than that custom Rawlings, so there’s that!

@Travis Lassiter just dropped the mic!!

Never had a catcher DD, she pitched and played SS, all mitts here at our house were for me.........old bucket dad! I own a All-Star CMW3000 and a Vinci JCV-22, both are excellent, great mitts!

Pure speculation as I’ve never owned a custom Rawlings catchers mitt like the one Travis posted, but I couldn’t imagine my All-Star or Vinci could touch that Rawlings! No comparison in quality!

Having owned several custom Rawlings gloves, I feel I’m pretty much on the money with my speculation!

Edit: To be fair......you could buy both the All-Star and that Vinci together for less than that custom Rawlings, so there’s that!

The quality is something else. It really is! Nothing I've seen in the stores compares to it. Don't get me wrong, A2000, Liberty Advanced, etc. those are all nice gloves. But when you build the custom you can select several options that just aren't available on the "store bought" versions.
My only gripe so far is the lacing. I kinda expected something more substantial and expect an upgrade there within a year or two at the most.

Jun 24, 2019
I bought myself a Rawlings liberty advanced, I love it I am a bucket dad 😬 that’s practice almost every day with DD she’s a pitcher

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Travis - that's a beautiful glove for sure. Almost would be tempting to keep it as a garage queen (and just keep it on a shelf and every now and then take it out for a spin)...haha I also believe it plays really well. Nice example of a great mitt. The only Rawlings HOH I can find (without going the custom build route) is black with gray lacing and a gold piping...not my first choice.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The All Star CMW3001 is honestly a front runner right now based on previous research and pricing. We have an All Star System Seven (Infield/pitchers glove) and have been fairly impressed overall.

Another Liberty Advanced isn't out of the question either. Price is decent and deals can be had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812