Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2014
Not talking about shutting the economy down here. I'm trying to provide some information so people can make good choices. Or at least informed ones. To equivocate COVID-19 to the flu is to make it seem like they are one and the same. They are not. Similar in many ways but not the same.

I also realize it will make no difference to some people. Millions of people in the U.S. smoke despite all the information about what an ugly, painful death lung cancer leads to, as well as all the other health related problems that come up. But people should know just how bad it can get, even for the young and healthy, when they make the decision to potentially expose themselves to it.
My comment was only trying to explain why all of the talk has been about fatalities and little to no talk about the number of people getting ill. Hey I caught H1N1. It was nasty as heck. I didn't fully recover for a month. Got winded walking down the aisle of the grocery store after being homebound for 2 weeks. Wouldn't wish it or Covid on anyone. So wasn't trying to downplay the results of this virus at all, only trying to explain why we had only talked about fatalities.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So the tiny droplets don't escape the sides of a regular face mask? Especially after the front of the mask has been saturated with hot moist breath? The masks aren't 100% the masks aren't 50%. The masks are placebo.
It would be nice to know accuracy on this topic.
* now have read good posts identifing in detail .

Seal belts dont always save lives in car accidents.
But in the event of a crash it can help to keep a body from flying out hitting another car.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
It would be nice to know accuracy on this topic.

Seal belts dont always save lives in car accidents.
But in the event of a crash it can help to keep a body from flying out hitting another car.
Do a science experiment. Put a mask on and breath on a mirror. Does it fog up? Before you begin what is your hypothesis?

Aug 6, 2013
Seriously, you and others are smart guys, tell me how it makes any sense. Doesn't it make you question their authority a little.
Grocery stores sell food. People need food to live. Home improvement stores sell stuff to fix things in your house like burst pipes and other stuff to keep the roof over your head. Places like Walmart and Target get to stay open because they sell food..... sporting goods aren’t needed to stay alive or provide shelter which is why they weren’t deemed essential.

Aug 2, 2019
Are you looking at the cumulative numbers? That is weird. It's matches our county numbers almost exactly.
My counties show rates per 100k of 59.78 and 57.55. This map shows 454.9 and 203.64. With a combined population of 350k, that's a significant difference.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Do a science experiment. Put a mask on and breath on a mirror. Does it fog up? Before you begin what is your hypothesis?
Wink, wink, helps like a hug.

Read posted stats helps a small percentage.

Aug 2, 2019
Grocery stores sell food. People need food to live. Home improvement stores sell stuff to fix things in your house like burst pipes and other stuff to keep the roof over your head. Places like Walmart and Target get to stay open because they sell food..... sporting goods aren’t needed to stay alive or provide shelter which is why they weren’t deemed essential.
Sporting goods are essential to delay the flugaloo.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
My comment was only trying to explain why all of the talk has been about fatalities and little to no talk about the number of people getting ill. Hey I caught H1N1. It was nasty as heck. I didn't fully recover for a month. Got winded walking down the aisle of the grocery store after being homebound for 2 weeks. Wouldn't wish it or Covid on anyone. So wasn't trying to downplay the results of this virus at all, only trying to explain why we had only talked about fatalities.

Nobody knows how many people have had the virus. USC (not ucla)did a study and found there were a hell of a lot more people with the virus than the CDC thought.

Fatalities is also difficult to calculate. I know the virus was in SF in November so people were probably dead and burried long before test kits were available. On the other side of the coin people are dieing of other causes but test positive so they chalk it up to Chirona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood