Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
As long as there is a perceived health risk, the economy will not recover... Just because the Gov says it's ok to open your barber shop, does not mean enough customers will come back to sustain your business...

If there is a second spike in infections, Georgia will simply have to endure even longer shut down...

I'm planning to Venmo my barber $200 today as a bribe to ensure I get an appointment the first week he reopens, whenever it is--whether that be in 2 weeks, 2 months, or beyond. I NEED a haircut.

Reactions: NEF
Sep 29, 2014
They are talking about open barbershops first...my guess would be appointments only that way you can keep numbers in the shop pretty small.

May 16, 2016
I'm planning to Venmo my barber $200 today as a bribe to ensure I get an appointment the first week he reopens, whenever it is--whether that be in 2 weeks, 2 months, or beyond. I NEED a haircut.

Haha... you are a pandemic rookie... i've already given myself (with wife's help) two haircuts since the lock down started... I ordered myself a Wahl hair clipper somewhere in week 3. Best Buy, of all places had one in-stock... Ordered online, and drive by pick-up at the store. Results were very good, IMHO.

Jun 8, 2016
They are talking about open barbershops first...my guess would be appointments only that way you can keep numbers in the shop pretty small.
One of the benefits (ok who am I kidding..the only benefit) of starting to go bald at 27 is that I have been cutting/shaving my own hair for almost 20 years now.. :LOL:

Apr 1, 2017
Haha... you are a pandemic rookie... i've already given myself (with wife's help) two haircuts since the lock down started... I ordered myself a Wahl hair clipper somewhere in week 3. Best Buy, of all places had one in-stock... Ordered online, and drive by pick-up at the store. Results were very good, IMHO.

Shoutout to my hometown of Sterling, IL!

Feb 20, 2020
My wife flew to NYC three days ago to work Covid cases. Last night, 63 people died, horrible deaths, grasping for air on her shift. The experience has been overwhelming so far and I hope she comes home the way she left. The news and the politicians have agendas, which I get, people need to eat, shelter, and survive. We need our economy open for that to happen so, of course, pushing a near term reopening is a valid goal.
BUT... People aren't just dying. They are dying in the most horrific and painful way imaginable, drowning and grasping for air as their lungs collapse. Think of your parents/grandparents/ family and weigh, on balance, what risk you are willing to take. If we dive back in too early, there is a good chance you or someone you love WILL catch C19. Asymptomatic symptoms, the majority of people, doesn't mean you won't infect others. I don't want to see my parents or my wife suffer this horrific death. Anyone's loved ones!
We need a strategic bi-partisan plan.... By grown ups! As it stands, we don't have a clue how to handle this and no leadership. As divided as a country can be.

And without a miracle, without Americans willing to compromise for the greater good, this path we are on leads to a bleak future.

I appreciate what your wife is doing, and i appreciate your concerns for her. But, man, all deaths are tragic. And plenty of hospital deaths are just as bad. My dad's blood went septic and he shook uncontrollably for the last day of his life. Ebola liquifies your organs. This is a terrible disease, but death is death.

But I am sorry for what your wife has seen, and I hope she gets through it okay.

Sep 13, 2015
You're right, death is death, but hearing a first hand description on how these people suffer has thrown me a bit. My wife is as tough as they come but even she is having a hard time dealing. 20 years of ER and ICU experience did little to prepare her for what she is seeing. Someone needs to start listening to the front line health Care workers because they are the only ones who really understand what's going on.

Jun 4, 2014
You're right, death is death, but hearing a first hand description on how these people suffer has thrown me a bit. My wife is as tough as they come but even she is having a hard time dealing. 20 years of ER and ICU experience did little to prepare her for what she is seeing. Someone needs to start listening to the front line health Care workers because they are the only ones who really understand what's going on.

Who is not listening to them?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL

I, on the other hand, have decided to go full hippie until everything reopens. Right now my hair hasn't been this long since I was in my 20s, I think. My wife keeps offering to cut it, but I shudder to think what the results would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812