Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2017
What's really sad (about Georgia in particular) is that people are just waiting for someone to say "Go!" and they'll go. Kemp is doing this for political reasons, not health reasons. Georgia just set up ICU beds in the Atlanta Convention Center days ago, and in the same breath says "You can go bowling"? The state has cases of coronavirus increasing - we were set to hit a peak in mid-May. All scientists and doctors say this is too soon, along with 85% of the populace, last poll I saw.

There will be people who go out and pass the virus and bring it home and it kills grandma. Girls will put 2 and 2 together and realize that they went and played softball and brought it home and a family member died. That's some heavy stuff.

You really think, that girls will think they possibly murdered their family member! 🤦‍♂️ Because they POSSIBLY passed along the virus. Never mind the fact that you do not know where you contracted it from. Way to make a person feel guily and shame. We do that every single day from every other virus that is out there. You might as well tell them that during flu season that when they visited grandma and didn't know they were carrying the flu virus, that they gave it to her and it killed her.

May 16, 2016
Wife's Hair Salon can open Friday according to an announcement by Gov. Kemp (GA). Additional businesses will start opening on Monday with strict guidelines. Does that mean the ball parks will be opening soon?
https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...conomy-lifting-some-coronavirus-crisis-limits

With schools closed for rest of year, I don't think public softball parks will re-open until June, at the earliest. Softball shut down around same time as schools did, and probably won't re-open while schools are closed.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The choice we have is binary. The virus is not going away (although it may hopefully be slowed due to rising temps). We either open up and more people are exposed OR live like hermits for the next 18 months and wait for Bill Gates/Dr. Fauci and their vaccine.
Hint: Americans are not hermits.

May 22, 2019
There will be people who go out and pass the virus and bring it home and it kills grandma. Girls will put 2 and 2 together and realize that they went and played softball and brought it home and a family member died. That's some heavy stuff.
This is something that weighs a lot on my family's decisions, past and present. My elderly mother is mostly home-bound and lives with us. She's in multiple high-risk categories, and none of us want to be the one to bring Covid-19 home to her.

May 22, 2019
The choice we have is binary. The virus is not going away (although it may hopefully be slowed due to rising temps). We either open up and more people are exposed OR live like hermits for the next 18 months and wait for Bill Gates/Dr. Fauci and their vaccine.
Hint: Americans are not hermits.
I think there are a lot of options other than everyone staying home and throwing open the floodgates. It's not a binary choice at all, and I think a middle ground solution will have to be found. It won't be a one size fits all answer, though, and there will be different solutions for various regions.

Oct 4, 2018
Thats a crazy statement, but if you want to use it. Then I guess you have held that view for every other virus that is out there before Covid-19 too. Correct?

Not crazy. People are saying if you feel safe, go out. If you don't, don't. It's survival of the fittest. What's crazy about that, it's science?

And no, not correct. The Spanish Flu of 1918, yes. The ones since, no. If you can't see the huge differences between the viruses, I certainly am not the one to explain it to you.

Oct 4, 2018
You really think, that girls will think they possibly murdered their family member! 🤦‍♂️ Because they POSSIBLY passed along the virus. Never mind the fact that you do not know where you contracted it from. Way to make a person feel guily and shame. We do that every single day from every other virus that is out there. You might as well tell them that during flu season that when they visited grandma and didn't know they were carrying the flu virus, that they gave it to her and it killed her.

Perhaps you read different stories than I do. There are people who completely isolated except for one event. That event (a funeral, a party, a dinner) had someone with the virus. They know that's where they got it. And then they gave it to family members who died.

They are living with that guilt.

Now if you're going to throw caution to the wind and then grandma dies, perhaps you can't put it on a single event. But you can still put it on you.

There's the pastor who refused to not hold services (in person) who is dead now. Many others with dead family members who carry around guilt. Because they made bad decisions. It sucks. They wish they could go back in time and do it differently.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
This is something that weighs a lot on my family's decisions, past and present. My elderly mother is mostly home-bound and lives with us. She's in multiple high-risk categories, and none of us want to be the one to bring Covid-19 home to her.

It's really tough.

There is encouraging news about treatments and vaccines, and smart people are working on them day and night. We'll get there. I just hope we don't have a second or third spike, like we did in 1918. Those were far more devastating than the first spike. I wish we'd learn from history. :(

Oct 4, 2018
I think there are a lot of options other than everyone staying home and throwing open the floodgates. It's not a binary choice at all, and I think a middle ground solution will have to be found. It won't be a one size fits all answer, though, and there will be different solutions for various regions.

Agreed.

What I find crazy is that our Governor put bowling and some other things on the list. Like I think I said here, 85% of Georgians think we're doing this way too soon. I am one of them.

Jun 4, 2014
What's really sad (about Georgia in particular) is that people are just waiting for someone to say "Go!" and they'll go. Kemp is doing this for political reasons, not health reasons. Georgia just set up ICU beds in the Atlanta Convention Center days ago, and in the same breath says "You can go bowling"? The state has cases of coronavirus increasing - we were set to hit a peak in mid-May. All scientists and doctors say this is too soon, along with 85% of the populace, last poll I saw.

Yes, everyone knows how politically popular it is to have your citizens die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee