Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Can’t see any video with my connection. Not sure what’s being discussed yet. I can see gifs! I’m living in the Stone Age until Aug 3rd. lol, 🙈

Oct 2, 2017
It might be awhile my internet is down, tech support is a ways off. Going to switch to faster cable, on the 3rd of August. So, I can’t do anything on the laptop until then. My phone isn’t really fast at my house. It’s fast when I go into town or the gym. I don’t think a hot spot will work very well at home.
No problem sir!

Apr 11, 2015
I could of misunderstood, but it sounded to me like her was saying no-stride = shift and swing at the same time. I could be wrong. Good video for sure (y)
I thought the whole video was a "wth?".

Yes, the "get the foot down" early can be equated to a "no stride" swing, and neither of them have a thing to do with ABAF, or an early weight transfer. They're both just different styles or ways of striding, all of which are dependent on proper timing....regardless of stride style a hitter chooses to use.

According to Matt...Bags, and Edmunds had no idea of what they were doing, or were early weight transfers or shifters, and that's obviously far from the case...
0fNPojowO9P9dG0zhMIukAe39-Ew2bfPNLUG58oL8ms5iMpXWTT3Y4rruEzZd0-pEmGy8d41OOAISTdGQlF0vYEFMp5ZSogdqxptp8rxKk-a
BdjoCZ6.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I knew I've seen that move before on the bottom clip. I've learned a lot from Matt Nokes (some may disagee with his method): He talks the entire video about the subject but it can be summed up in the first 50 seconds. Of course others have done it to.

Maybe that's what she is trying to feel. In that bottom clip.

Sorry clemenslee1 (just watched the video) but he has not connected the dots of balanced frontal to sagittal movements.. It's the missing movement in those who attempt front foot down early are missing... Throwing allows for those balanced movements to happen naturally..

gCwrFsM.gif

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I thought the whole video was a "wth?".

Yes, the "get the foot down" early can be equated to a "no stride" swing, and neither of them have a thing to do with ABAF, or an early weight transfer. They're both just different styles or ways of striding, all of which are dependent on proper timing....regardless of stride style a hitter chooses to use.

According to Matt...Bags, and Edmunds had no idea of what they were doing, or were early weight transfers or shifters, and that's obviously far from the case...
0fNPojowO9P9dG0zhMIukAe39-Ew2bfPNLUG58oL8ms5iMpXWTT3Y4rruEzZd0-pEmGy8d41OOAISTdGQlF0vYEFMp5ZSogdqxptp8rxKk-a
BdjoCZ6.gif
Agreed, I said as much in previous post. He doesn’t understand no stride hitting or the pre/false stride which is no stride as well.

Oct 2, 2017
Ok,
Sorry clemenslee1 (just watched the video) but he has not connected the dots of balanced frontal to sagittal movements.. It's the missing movement in those who attempt front foot down early are missing... Throwing allows for those balanced movements to happen naturally..

gCwrFsM.gif
Ok, again he was putting alot of that into context of timing, if that's missing front and sagittal actions then ok I'm not disagreeing,but that really isn't what he was referring to.

May 12, 2016
Not a great swing. She's spinning (shoulders don't get down) (which causes a slight lunge and her back foot pops up), and chopping down.
Yeah she’s loose in these swings, not 100%. She’s ABAF and posture isn’t great. In her game swings hands are doing the same thing, with better sequence and much better posture. Set a record for batting average at the olympics this year, I believe surpassing Jessica Mendoza, but I could be wrong

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ok,

Ok, again he was putting alot of that into context of timing, if that's missing front and sagittal actions then ok I'm not disagreeing,but that really isn't what he was referring to.

Sorry Clemenslee.. I know he has allot correct. I was just addressing his foot down early narrative.

3wLHMQV.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28