Fantastic Pop Time Fanatics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
There are little details for EVERY position that make the difference between a competent player and a good player. Those are details that come with experience and/or position-specific instruction. Lots of players can be competent at multiple positions. Being good takes some dedication to the craft.
Definitely. That said at the end of the day you are not going to see many 6' 200 lb kids with home to 1st times above 3.6 playing SS or CF for P5 schools...

Jun 8, 2016
New you had a seperate reason for your question.....
My answer wouldnt have reached your point.
I know nothing about you as an athlete so I had no ulterior motive. There are college catchers who have the athletic ability to be good college SS had they chosen that path.

Jul 31, 2019
It’s relative to the comment you could take a college player and make them a catcher in two weeks. For you, substitute SS for catcher

Jun 8, 2016
It’s relative to the comment you could take a college player and make them a catcher in two weeks. For you, substitute SS for catcher
The key part to what I said was "had they chosen that path"

It took about 3 or 4 months for me to figure out how to be an adequate 2B in college after playing SS my whole life (that should be a relative easy move besides DPs except my dumbarse couldn't stop charging everything 😆)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
and can only think of a handful of kids who have the skills, smarts and personality to play catcher in college that haven’t caught before. I know of only one who is actually doing it and I’m not sure if she caught when she was young or not.

Yes, but the last time was as a 12 year old playing "travel" baseball. Lot's of catching (and pitching) during that 7-12 y/o time frame.

:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812