Fantastic Pop Time Fanatics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
So are you saying that you cannot teach someone to play SS?
You can teach the skills they need, you cannot teach them to have exceptional range, etc. I love how everybody thinks that at the highest levels athletic ability plays no part..Genetics matter..sorry.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
"But do yourself a favor and keep the value of your pop time in perspective. "

Gotta be able to hit. They can take an athletic 2nd baseman that can hit and make them a catcher in 2 weeks.
That maybe a little exaggerated but you get the idea.

You can take an athletic player and teach them a few basics that will get them through basic situations in 2 weeks. I would not consider that player a “catcher”.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
You can teach the skills they need, you cannot teach them to have exceptional range, etc. I love how everybody thinks that at the highest levels athletic ability plays no part..Genetics matter..sorry.

There you have it pattar, you were asking Me....
& You were asking a generalized question.....

Yes i have the skills to play ss.

Your generalized question sounds like a new thread you should start!

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for the answer.

New you had a seperate reason for your question.....
My answer wouldnt have reached your point.

Seriously start a thread...thats a good topic !!!
Can anybody play any position.
Go for it!!!!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
The question would be "can everybody play every position well" and I don't need a thread to answer that....
I believe some of the standout P5 SS “COULD” have played every position well of they trained from an early age. Including catcher and pitcher. Madison Shipman was the first one to come to mind.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There are little details for EVERY position that make the difference between a competent player and a good player. Those are details that come with experience and/or position-specific instruction. Lots of players can be competent at multiple positions. Being good takes some dedication to the craft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802