Fall Games- This is not a good look

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The Duke one is worse than the Illinois one, but nobody forced the losing teams to play these games. Should they not promote a victory?
They have to post something, cannot just ignore the game, but I think the wording ("Came out strong" and "Big Illinois win") is probably the issue. Duke could have come out weak and still run-ruled the team :ROFLMAO:

Dec 11, 2010
I should have said up front- I am not picking on any one team. These were just a couple tweets I came across. Some teams do it, some don't. Who does it probably depends more on the communication director than the head coach.

Also- The fall games aren't really games, they usually play a set number of innings (a double header is often 10 innings) not a "game" and usually there are no rules of substitution. And I think the smaller school teams do it for the benefit of playing better competition, and maybe to play in a bigger venue. Everyone knows what is going to happen- the little guy gets crushed. And since it isn't really a win I'm not sure what there is to celebrate.

Jun 27, 2021
The Duke one is worse than the Illinois one, but nobody forced the losing teams to play these games. Should they not promote a victory?
It's a flex by Big State U/P5 schools that does not need to happen. And no they shouldn't promote the 10 inning wins vs D2, lower lever D1. Promoting the highly ranked team with All Americans/TEAM USA kids vs. All District and a few All State kids is not needed. The lower D1 and D2 teams have very few kids that could play at that level. So to me it's classless by those teams and to say nobody is forcing those losing teams to play has no idea what it means to some of those kids to play their dream school in an exhibition.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I watched a "friendly" three-game set last week at a local D1 school where two D1 schools and one D2 school were involved. They had three umps for each game, but they didn't use any sort of run rule. The host D1 school was beating the D2 school 17-0 after four innings, yet the game went a full seven innings. I did not see any bragging social media posts, though.

I am not a fan of Duke or their feeder travel organization. I think there's a serious conflict of interest there, but what do I know...

Jun 27, 2021
I watched a "friendly" three-game set last week at a local D1 school where two D1 schools and one D2 school were involved. They had three umps for each game, but they didn't use any sort of run rule. The host D1 school was beating the D2 school 17-0 after four innings, yet the game went a full seven innings. I did not see any bragging social media posts, though.

I am not a fan of Duke or their feeder travel organization. I think there's a serious conflict of interest there, but what do I know...
I agree on the Duke feeder program being coached by the HC husband. Not to mention the NIL deal they signed as an organization which gives Duke/Young first dibs on contact with prospects. The other side to that is their daughter is headed to Florida to play.

Saw Clemson handle Anderson a few weeks ago, not word except glad to see everyone at the park or something to the like.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD's freshman fall (D3) played 10 innings vs D1 UT Arlington. DD's team gave them all they could handle for the first 5 innings. 0-0. Then we had to put in our other pitchers and you know what happens. They scored 4 runs, then 2, then 2. 6 scoreless innings out of 10 vs a D1. Not too shabby. Lost 8-4. DD hit a double off the fence vs a pitcher who beat OK State the previous year. That team was feeling the pressure and Peejay Brun was not happy.

DD's team will play Paris JC tomorrow in 2-10 inning games. Should be interesting to see the new girls play.

Auburn loses to Wallace State-Hanceville. Yikes!!!

1665758352383.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom