Fake Stat published in a reputable website

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
As the unofficial GameChanger guy on DD's team, I'm very liberal about giving base hits. Unless a defensive player flat-out drops the ball or makes a wild throw to first, I'm giving the batter a hit. However, scoring hits on a fielder's choice is inexcusable.

DD's 1.6 WHip with her paltry .3 BB/IP is testament to my generosity :LOL:

Aug 7, 2018
I’m sorry. Did you say a reputable website did a story on a 12u player and depended on her dad to submit stats?

My definition of a reputable website and yours must be different.

The team had top finish at one of the national level tournaments that's the reason draw attention to the website. The player was not bad, but, was not as good as the stat says. Not sure if the editor knew the coach's her parent.

Apr 28, 2014
Haha
Read some of these rankings on extra innings and flo..
Then watch the kid ranked top 100 look like a "c" level player when facing good competition. At that point the fact that most of those lists are populated by kids who's parents wrote them in begins to make more sense.

Aug 15, 2019
Pathetic but not surprising that a Dad coach would submit ridiculously inflated statistics to a publication to highlight his daughter over the rest of his players. He must be proud.
The point everyone is missing is that this guy is essentially stealing from other 12 and 13 year old girls who deserve the notoriety based on real accomplishments.
This is not the first time that site has posted ridiculous information submitted by a dad and wont be the last.
Way to further harm the image of parent coaches.
The publication is becoming the National Enquirer of Fastpitch Softball.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019
At 12u where exactly are you getting your stats from? My dd plays on a high level 12u travel club. I've only ever seen parents keeping the book and it's usually on GameChanger. While I think we can all agree that GameChanger isn't the most accurate, if it's all you got, it's all you got.

Reading the OP post it seems like they are implying that the stats submitted to the "respectable website" were more than just rounding-up or some slight padding of the numbers. If that were the case, then no big deal. If the dad/coach did something stupid like inflate her batting average by 100 points (jumping her over his other players) or tacked on a bunch of home runs, triples or stolen bases, things that parents on the team can remember happening (or not happening), then that's probably a big red flag to the rest of the team.

Also, nice job of the coach/dad to set a standard that his daughter may never achieve. :p:p:p

Aug 15, 2019
At 12u where exactly are you getting your stats from? My dd plays on a high level 12u travel club. I've only ever seen parents keeping the book and it's usually on GameChanger. While I think we can all agree that GameChanger isn't the most accurate, if it's all you got, it's all you got.

Reading the OP post it seems like they are implying that the stats submitted to the "respectable website" were more than just rounding-up or some slight padding of the numbers. If that were the case, then no big deal. If the dad/coach did something stupid like inflate her batting average by 100 points (jumping her over his other players) or tacked on a bunch of home runs, triples or stolen bases, things that parents on the team can remember happening (or not happening), then that's probably a big red flag to the rest of the team.

Also, nice job of the coach/dad to set a standard that his daughter may never achieve. :p:p:p
I agree with your post. It is one thing having a scorekeeper being a "homer" on Gamechanger. I have no problem with that. I dont think the original poster was talking about that issue. The original post suggested that it went beyond the scorekeeper, fabricated fictional statistics, which is pathetic. I am a parent coach, this kind of dishonesty reflects on all the parent coaches trying to do right by their players. I also coach football, where this kind of stuff gets called out all the time. It takes a special human being to create fiction and try to pass it off as fact. I feel bad for the kid but not for her Dad/Coach because he has to face his players and their parents. If a parent wants to promote their own kid, fine. Then do not coach.

Feb 3, 2016
I've only witnessed Gamechanger misuse when a girl was replaced on the infield and the parent running it didn't switch positions to match the actual position play. Kid was getting credit for other kids work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Pathetic but not surprising that a Dad coach would submit ridiculously inflated statistics to a publication to highlight his daughter over the rest of his players. He must be proud.
The point everyone is missing is that this guy is essentially stealing from other 12 and 13 year old girls who deserve the notoriety based on real accomplishments.
This is not the first time that site has posted ridiculous information submitted by a dad and wont be the last.
Way to further harm the image of parent coaches.
1 if it’s a website that posts 12u stats, beyond the parents no one cares
2 if they are known for posting fake stats, why would you want your stats associated with this website
3 what notoriety? I’ve been in fastpich for 15 years and I have no idea what website is being discussed. How big of a deal is it?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

Hahaha.... 12U notoriety... Seriously? What is being stolen? Their parents ability to say "My cupcake is the 14th rated 11 year old catcher in the nation by some website"... OooooooOOOOooooooo. SO serious. @chinamigarden has it right - no one outside the parents care.

Of course if the National Enquirer. It is publishing 12U stats and rankings like they somehow matter. And getting gulliable people to probably pay for it.

Aug 15, 2019
Hahaha.... 12U notoriety... Seriously? What is being stolen? Their parents ability to say "My cupcake is the 14th rated 11 year old catcher in the nation by some website"... OooooooOOOOooooooo. SO serious. @chinamigarden has it right - no one outside the parents care.

Of course if the National Enquirer. It is publishing 12U stats and rankings like they somehow matter. And getting gulliable people to probably pay for it.
ya, I hear ya'll and agree 100%, I just enjoy calling out theses fools because I know they follow these sites religiously.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom