Facebook Pages

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Anybody follow any Facebook softball pages like “The Fastpitch Zone”?

I have been amusing myself reading it the last few days. My favorite are the posts from parents whose daughter is the best player on the team yet is always sitting the bench.

They share their tale of woe about how the coach is biased against their kid for whatever reason and often get to hear comments and advice from dozens of other parents who are in that same situation. Seems so many kids must be playing for coaches who hate winning and decide to sit their best players.

Anyone have any good examples of stories they’ve seen?

Jun 20, 2015
large number of those type of post out there. I usually chock them up as Rose colored glasses on parent or daddy ball coach and break out popcorn.

And always the complaints about a call missed here or MSU rule book crap there and this will happen with umpires as they are human too. My biggest complaints ever with any ump are A) The wandering strike zone or zone that changes for one team versus other. If umps strike zone is whatever, it needs to stay that way entire game. Not 3' wide for 1 team and 10'' wide for the other B) acknowledging that team is breaking a rule, but refusing to call / enforce it.

However, there is also a disturbing trend of players that are unhappy with current teams in this fall that are departing teams due to blatant lies being told them in August. Example, the coach for the Hittin' Kittens recruits said player claiming A or showcase type schedule, team gets blasted in playing small local team only, B/C events. OR the coach that claims to help girls get recruited, yet at a large showcase type event, refuses to talk to any college coaches that come watch his team, proclaiming "it's not my job to talk to college coaches for these girls".

rant complete.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's the same 3 posts(or some variation )over and over on the Fastpitch Zone. And the sheer ignorance on that page makes our forum look like we are geniuses...now that I think of it..we pretty much are geniuses on here.
  • Look at my kid working harder than anyone else!
  • Bat advice
  • Is this obstruction or illegal pitch?
Anyone want to add to my list?

Aug 3, 2019
Now that the season is in full swing there are a lot of interesting posts coming back to the Fastpitch zone.

Just this week there was a post about:

—The girl who just turned 13 and is fairly new to softball hitting a 280 foot bomb.

—The 8u Team which was blacklisted from a local tournament because they are too good.

May 27, 2013
I will always see the slapper vs power hitter arguments on there. I also giggle to myself when the pitchers’ parents claim their DD’s can always get the slappers out. If that’s the case, then their dd hasn’t faced a good slapper/triple threat - ever.

Apr 20, 2015
I will always see the slapper vs power hitter arguments on there. I also giggle to myself when the pitchers’ parents claim their DD’s can always get the slappers out. If that’s the case, then their dd hasn’t faced a good slapper/triple threat - ever.

Ha ha my ss take emense pride in her ability to get the slappers out lol. She’s incredibly quick, fast transition and strong arm…but she tips her visor to the really good ones…most are not really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812