Face mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 11, 2015
Everyone still think Rip It makes the best fielders mask?? Need to get a new one for the DD

Apr 30, 2018
Rip It didn't fit my DD (9yo) well. Schutt fit better and was more comfortable. If you want to splurge, Schutt makes a titanium version that is lighter. I would have her try on a few different ones from reputable companies and see what fits best.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 22, 2019
My daughters each have a Rip-It and a Schutt fielding mask. Both prefer the Schutt. From my perspective as their dad, both are good choices.

May 22, 2019
How about which do you think provides the best protection?
I think they're comparable in that regard. I don't see one being better than the other, so for me it just comes down to which one my daughters found to be more comfortable.

Jun 22, 2019
My daughters only have rip-it, but they work great. I only had one daughter get hit in the mask, but thank God she was wearing it.

She was playing second and a ball hit sharply to 3rd, she runs to the bag, but trips about 2 steps from second and the third baseman throws a bullet she looks up just in time for the ball to bounce off her mask. The mask goes flying...she picks it up shakes it off and the only thing hurt was her pride. If it wasn’t for the mask we definitely would have been in the ER.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
If the Rip It is a little loose on the sides, we crush it slightly until the sides barely touch. Makes a big difference in comfort.

Apr 28, 2019
Everyone still think Rip It makes the best fielders mask?? Need to get a new one for the DD
No. Boombah makes a titanium DEFCON mask very light. Schutt also makes a titanium mask. There is a new mask out fairly recently made of magnesium. Not sure who makes it. It’s supposed to be lighter than titanium. You may want to check that one out.
My TB DD has the DEFCON and she loves it. My rec DD has the Rip-it. Good mask only issue we have had is band breaking. It was replaced at Olympia at no cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12