Extra innings rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
TB coaches pimping their players. Many great players are not included and overlooked. Is it accurate? Not really, but it gets subscriptions and something for us to talk about.

Sep 3, 2015
I wondered how in the world they would be able to rank these kids.

Most of DD team is on the list, so just wondering. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Strikes me like the "Best Doctor" or "Best Lawyer" lists I see in local magazines. Send in your $$ and they'll put you in there. I know one team here in town that is a B+/A- team at best and every single one of their 2022s is on the list (Like #468 and #482). Maybe #1-#50 actually mean something. None of the girls on our team is on it because our HC thinks it's BS. And we have some awesome First Team All-State players on our team (including a Track State Champion).

Sep 3, 2015
Strikes me like the "Best Doctor" or "Best Lawyer" lists I see in local magazines. Send in your $$ and they'll put you in there. I know one team here in town that is a B+/A- team at best and every single one of their 2022s is on the list (Like #468 and #482). Maybe #1-#50 actually mean something. None of the girls on our team is on it because our HC thinks it's BS. And we have some awesome First Team All-State players on our team (including a Track State Champion).
So are you saying the org needs to pay in order for their players to be on the list?

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
So are you saying the org needs to pay in order for their players to be on the list?

All I know is that there are some very high-level A teams in Atlanta that have NONE on the list and some very mediocre teams that have all their 2022s on the list. Hmmm...

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
This is a case of “got be in it to win it”. Anyone can nominate a player. You send in stats - which are not verified - and I’m sure some organizations have more clout than others thus, their players are ranked higher than others. There’s some numbers listed on the top 100 write ups that are no where near reality with regards to pitching speed, but I suppose anyone can say that a pitcher throws mid-60’s with 5 different pitches that are thrown with pinpoint accuracy in a nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
DD was ranked at a very good spot for 2021 pitchers... 5 spots lower was a pitcher who I think is 10 spots better than DD.
Both very good D1 calibur pitchers but the other girl is clearly better at least in my opinion.

Apr 9, 2020
wonder what metrics they use? there is no such thing as an official scorer in softball! I was just asked by my daughters varsity coach for her last year batting avg. we were almost a hundred points apart. hence the bench player is the one keeping the book on the team lol. didn't argue with her on who was right but just take the stats with grain of salt. maybe the rankings will get a coach to look a little more at specific player . but at end of day from what I have come to is that up to you and your daughter to get herself infant of the individual coach she is interested in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478