Exploding out of the box

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
Always wondered why not. A bunch of them know how to teach bunt it to the pitcher :mad:
Because coaches don't know how to coach it, slapping is cool, and there must be a forced separation between to sports which has been discussed before

My girls are straight power hitters but the will drag bunt from the right side of they catch you slipping

Dec 5, 2017
I'm working with this on my dd also. Two things that I believe are problems- Watching results, as stated above and I think it feels weird for a natural righty to explode off the left foot. Just my opinion but if my dd lines up to sprint, the right foot is the push off foot. I don't know if there is any "scientific" fact to this but it is just an observation I've made with my dd. Doesn't help that they are already moving and need to accelerate from an unnatural position. Just started working on sprinting with the left foot providing the push, we'll see if it helps. I'm also dealing with an 11 yo that is quick/athletic but has very little body awareness and has a very "spastic" running form at times. We really work on not letting her arms flail out to the sides and not taking huge strides right off the bat.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Doesn't look like a sac bunt to me because that is what everybody was discussing... ;)
Uhhh no think that conversation got a bit broader...
Its nice to see skills being used!
Which is the main point! ;)

Jun 8, 2016
Uhhh no think that conversation got a bit broader...
Its nice to see skills being used!
Which is the main point! ;)
The statistical arguments being made against bunting were for sac bunts alone..I am not sure you ever actually picked up on that tbh..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The statistical arguments being made against bunting were for sac bunts alone..I am not sure you ever actually picked up on that tbh..
Read the information offered was beyond sacrafice only.
Its a skillset. That was my only point! And is the point! :)
Pretty good article on drag bunts in practical hitting!
Perhaps one day your dd's speed will be able to overwelm the defense!
Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802