Exit Velo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Does anybody track/check their DD’s Exit Velo?
For all the Nay sayers out there that don’t believe girls can hit 250’ foot plus bombs. The girl on Instagram (Pit video) has a best of 290’ on Hitrax and many 220’-260 shots in live action.
I personally don’t like her swing (big leg kick and dropped hands) but when she connects get out your tape measures. 78 is pretty good exit Velo.

Oct 2, 2015
Yup...DD2 72 to 75 mph.
DD1 a little higher.
I absolutely believe your DD is hitting the ball 250’+
(But, I gotta tell ya man, with a 78 mph exit velocity...those balls are going farther than 250’ plus...)
Go hit on a 275’ or 300’ field, and have someone mark the balls as they land
But Up here in MN/Dak land, small ball/base hitting is the name of the game...Don’t believe me...take your kid to one of the DI camps and watch/listen to what they say to your power hitting DD... ( I will give the Gophers a pass on this)
Go DenHarthog!!! Show them what MN girls can do!

Apr 28, 2019
Yup...DD2 72 to 75 mph.
DD1 a little higher.
I absolutely believe your DD is hitting the ball 250’+
(But, I gotta tell ya man, with a 78 mph exit velocity...those balls are going farther than 250’ plus...)
Go hit on a 275’ or 300’ field, and have someone mark the balls as they land
But Up here in MN/Dak land, small ball/base hitting is the name of the game...Don’t believe me...take your kid to one of the DI camps and watch/listen to what they say to your power hitting DD... ( I will give the Gophers a pass on this)
Go DenHarthog!!! Show them what MN girls can do!
Not my daughter but played on same team for a couple of years. This girl is 15 and 5’ 8” or so. My DD is 5’2” and 14 with a more stride and less kick. Her best Velo is 70 I believe.
I just saw this video on Instagram and thought I’d comment about it. I mentioned this girl on a previous post and took some flak. Not my DD so was not going to post any video of her. They can look for themselves.
Also forgot to mention she swings a 19 Xeno. Not a Ghost or Power Carbon/Carbon 1.
Nothing wrong with small ball. Players & Fans love the Looooong ball.

Apr 28, 2019
Not my daughter but played on same team for a couple of years. This girl is 15 and 5’ 8” or so. My DD is 5’2” and 14 with a more stride and less kick. Her best Velo is 70 I believe.
I just saw this video on Instagram and thought I’d comment about it. I mentioned this girl on a previous post and took some flak. Not my DD so was not going to post any video of her. They can look for themselves.
Also forgot to mention she swings a 19 Xeno. Not a Ghost or Power Carbon/Carbon 1.
Nothing wrong with small ball. Players & Fans love the Looooong ball.
This kid used to swing a 2018 PXT but out grew it. The PXT takes a beating on this site so I figured I’d throw that in.

Jul 29, 2013
I'll try to find a chart I found that shows exit velocity, launch angle, and resulting distance. There's also a formula where if you have a video and can see the timer from contact until the ball hits the ground, you can get a good estimate of exit velocity. If I remember correctly, a ball hit 63 mph at a 26 degree launch angle, will get over a 200ft fence. But that's the minimum speed and the perfect launch angle. Lower speed or different angle and no dinger. Higher exit speed forgives a lot of miss hit balls.
Like the one in this picture. It's on the way down....but it did get around 235-ish feet distance.Screenshot_2016-04-16-19-53-38.png

Dec 11, 2010
Do people measure exit velo? Yes. It gets mentioned here constantly.

78 is "pretty good???????" Yeah, it would be.

I know a kid that had one of the highest exit velo's at a large, very well known combine camp that provides data for recruiting purposes. This camp consists mostly of PGF only type players. Her exit velo also starts with a 7.

I have never once seen her hit an otf hr. I have seen her hit a few balls to the fence but not over. Mostly she is an average hitter. According to this camp, she had exit velocity 10 mph slower than the current SEC player of the year who is also the NPF rookie of the year. That players physical ability and work discipline is on another plane. Yet some skin and bones incoming high school freshman is comparable to a D1 college hitters according to exit velo measurement.

LOL.

Are we recycling every thread now? Maybe we could go back to the original one?

Jun 8, 2016
Are we recycling every thread now? Maybe we could go back to the original one?
Also, wasn't he skepticism regarding the age at which these 250+ ft HR were being hit? I have no problem believing
a fully grown female can hit a ball >250 ft especially with the bats they use. That HR Alo hit in the WCWS had to have been at least 280 feet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28