Exit Velo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Yep I think there was some skepticism.

Being able to hit a 75 mph ball off a tee does not make you Cheek, Bustos or Alo.

Just like hitting 250 footers one time in an iCage doesn't matter.

DD had supposedly had 75 mph exit speed and supposedly ran a 2.5 home to first at an SEC camp when she was 15. Big deal. It didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now. I have NEVER been able to recreate those numbers and I doubt they were true.

I have a few buckets of really nice hard slowpitch balls with Evil practice balls mixed in that can really make a hitter look and feel invincible on a high school field. And yes, when dd was in 8th grade, we made sure lots of people saw her hitting long balls over the hs fence and it did make a difference freshman year. She also hit the occasional 230 footers into the boys club games just so the boys and parents of the boys in her class could see it, lol. and yes, the 230'part is a total exaggeration but they cleared two fences so it must be 230/240

We created the same phony narrative using those balls that is created with exit velocity. It does not tell the story. DD took hs softball by storm at the plate in hs BUT, she is not really a hr hitter. At least not by my standards. Yes, you can use technology to create a cloud of BS just like I did with the good hitting balls. The difference is neither dd or I believed our own BS.

Hey Mad Bandit, dd did all that with a Xeno, not that it matters one bit. Nobody cares what bat is being used.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812